cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
judy2
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

No incoming calls on landline AND wifi cuts out when making an outgoing call from landline

Four weeks ago i had a BT engineer out because my internet stopped working when i made an outgoing call. He thought the issue was to do with my other phone socket extension. This fixed the problem - but i only have one phone socket now.

This problem has now returned with wifi stopping when i pick up the phone to diall out. And now no incoming calls either.  It comes up as an "invalid number" on the callers side.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: No incoming calls on landline AND wifi cuts out when making an outgoing call from landline

do you get a dial tone?  if so is it silent no line noise?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

Re: No incoming calls on landline AND wifi cuts out when making an outgoing call from landline

It would have been a Field Technician from Openreach that visited, not BT Retail.

I assume you are a BT Retail customer?

If you dial 1470 17070 you should get your phone number read out to you. Can you confirm that the number that is read out, matches your home phone number?

0 Ratings
judy2
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Hi

I can make an outgoing call but the line is noisy...it sounds like a fax machine line dialling up and trying to connect over and over.

0 Ratings
judy2
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

I am a BT customer and have been for many years. I called that number you suggested and it is the correct phone number.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

@judy2 wrote:

Hi

I can make an outgoing call but the line is noisy...it sounds like a fax machine line dialling up and trying to connect over and over.

Then you have a fault on your phone line which you will need to report as a noisy line.

Check at the test socket first, just to make sure the fault is external.

0 Ratings
judy2
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Sorry, how do i check at the test socket?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

What does your master phone socket look like?

Master socket with one socket

Or

Master socket with two sockets

0 Ratings
judy2
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

openreach with one socket
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

then remove bottom half ans test socket should then be visible  if you connect phone there and still noisy then report phone fault to 151

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings