cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

No landline......... BT webpage problem.

Ok we haven't had a working landline for over 6 weeks (Broadband is OK, FTTP).

We have of course contacted BT and reported the fault when it first appeared, and after several missed appointments and a couple of engineer visits (The last one this morning) it's still not working.

I don't know if Openreach actually have any contact with BT because after an engineer visits (Or is supposed to visit) BT seem to ring (On my mobile) and ask me "Is it fixed", seems rather odd !

Anyway to get to the point of this post, after the engineer "visited" (We didn't see him), the account on the BT webpage gives me the choice of clicking one of two buttons, "fixed" or "not fixed" (With the reason why), I wouldn't know why it's not working just that it's not.

But the "Not fixed" button won't work for me when clicked it just says "required field" for a while, then just gives up.

I have tried clearing cookies, enabling popups and tried in three different browsers, always the same results.

Can anybody suggest reasons it doesn't work...………. see pics below.Choice.jpgReason.jpgRequired.jpg

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: No landline......... BT webpage problem.

Hey there @Park_Ranger 

I assume you’re getting your phone through the copper wiring, not Digital Voice?

Thanks

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Yes it's copper, not digital

I am more interested in why the webpage won't let me select "Not fixed", instead of waiting for BT to call and ask "Is it fixed yet ?"

Although of course it's annoying that the landline has been out of action for so long, we were told by one engineer a couple of weeks ago that the fault was 450mtrs up the road, but he couldn't get to it because he couldn't get hold of a "cherry picker".

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Seems they fixed a (Non-existent) problem with our broadband, when we have told two engineers and BT that there's no problem with the broadband...…………..

BB_Fault.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Just to finally update this, we got the landline back working after 7 weeks.

We had about 3 missed engineer appointments, a couple of engineers who failed to fix it, and the last engineer who didn't know if he fixed it or not until he tried it from here (He dropped his meter in a pool of water).

Just a couple of days ago I get this...............

Home_Improvement.jpg

Now I realise that there would be an £85 if the fault is found to be on your property, but the fault was 2 miles away in a cabinet in the centre of a roundabout (Nice try BT), many people may have just paid that without realising it !!

Charge_Refunded.jpg

Anyway they soon refunded it when I phoned them up and complained.

0 Ratings