Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kernowklt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

No landline still yet fault closed?!!!

Go to solution
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm at my wits end. I reported a fault with our landline originally on 25th November. After having completed fault checks myself this was fully raised again on 1st December. An engineer then came out on the 3rd and confirmed that the underground cable had disintegrated and needed replacing. He submitted all the forms and photos to get this actioned including the request for a small dig to run the cable underground.

Roll on another week and I've had no contact so after 4+ attempts at resolving this through online chat today I login to track the fault to find its been closed for no reason. I've not been told I need another engineer to come out to raise the problem again and check my equipment.

To make things worse I need a landline as I've got no mobile signal at home and I'm almost 38 weeks pregnant with high blood pressure so need to be able to get hold of medical professionals in an emergency or my fiancé should I go in to labour. I don't know whether to laugh or cry I'm so stressed right now!

Is there anything else I can do to get this sorted as I'm limited in ways I can contact bt.

Thanks in advance.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: No landline still yet fault closed?!!!

Go to solution

I have aske forum mods to help as they are BT employees  they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Kernowklt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Thank you so much
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Kernowklt sorry you still awaiting the fault with your service to be fixed. I suspect that a new fault has been opened when you contacted earlier so that will get the ball rolling. We will be happy to chase this up for you if you send us over your details by clicking on my profile and selecting the contact the mods link to complete the form. 

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Kernowklt Thanks for sending in your details. I've checked and can see and engineer was working on the fault this afternoon and your service should now hopefully be up and running.
Post back and let me know.

Thanks
John 

Kernowklt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Yes it has. I really can't thank you enough. Happened at just the right time as I'm currently in hospital and likely to be induced. The phoneline being fixed meant I was able to get hold of my fiancé and family to sort out childcare and getting here swiftly.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Kernowklt Thanks for the update and good news to hear that the phone was fixed just in time and best of luck with your impending arrival 🙂

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
If the original fault required a Dig or Soft Dig when it’s sent to the Local Soft Dig Team, which is part of an Engineering Division called NS Network Services they sometimes close the original fault to stop it failing it’s Service Level Agreement and raise what they call a PAT Fault.
0 Ratings