Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew600
Contributor
Message 21 of 26

Re: No phone line, Openreach awol

Go to solution

By way of a tidy up of this thread, the line has been perfect since the repair was completed.

My broadband speed, whilst still not great, is better than it has been for a year or more, and, judging by the lack of noise margin fluctation at night, is much more stable.

The cabling must have been on the verge of failing for a long time I think.

The latest calls on my recent usage tab are now my own rather than some fellow down the road, which is nice!Smiley Happy

One minor problem still.

I have received a Homehub 5, but because the infinity order has mysteriously vanished into thin air I have no idea if infinity will be activated or not.

0 Ratings
Andrew600
Contributor
Message 22 of 26

Go to solution

The confusion continues!

The good news first.

The line seems to be quiet and stable and broadband has improved thanks to a well overdue upgrade from ADSL to ADSL2+, and a refund has been applied for the down time.

The bad, or confusing, news now.

My latest bill charges me for standard ADSL broadband as usual, but then states my package is Infinity 1 which, unless it's somehow running in parallel, has not been activated and is not showing as a open or closed order anywhere.

Also, a message at the top of the bill says "you've stopped your broadband and calls". 

What on earth does that mean? I haven't stopped anything. I hope this doesn't mean I will be disconnected in the near future. That really would be the final straw.

They have sent me a Homehub 5, but I'm not prepared to try it until I know what is going on. I foolishly tested it prior to the ADSL2+ upgrade and dlm went crazy with multiple disconnects and destroyed my download speed.

I'm convinced BT are on a mission to put my blood pressure up! Smiley Sad

ps. Apologies for being off topic in the phones forum, but it makes no sense to me to start a thread elsewhere.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 26

Go to solution

Hi Andrew600,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry for any confusion with this. I can see Martin is dealing with this and will be in touch on Monday to clear things up.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Andrew600
Contributor
Message 24 of 26

Go to solution
OK. Thanks David.
0 Ratings
Andrew600
Contributor
Message 25 of 26

Go to solution

I can finally mark this thread as closed.

The last outstanding issue, Infinity 1, successfully activated earlier today.

Thanks again to Martin and the whole mod team for your help.

If only the rest of the BT group were as good as you guys.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 26

Go to solution
Good result 🙂
0 Ratings