cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

No phone line or broadband yet

Posting on behalf of 2 friends who are not connected due to problems.

Why give a date for an engineer to call to install a hub and switch on landline and broadband when you know that it can not happen due to "problems".

One has been waiting since SEPTEMBER 2014 and another was let down today with NO communication to say that it was not going to happen due to"problems"in our area....A whole day wasted because no one called the contact number for her to say so.

Why are we not told the truth that the "problems"are due to laying fibre optics and all being held up by the planning to allow work to be done on digging up the local roads?
I was even told at one stage (XMAS time)for the friend waiting since SEPTEMBER 2014 that the hold up was due to roadworks not allowing the engineers to get through?????
We travel the roads in question every day...There WERE no roadworks..

If there is a line into the house already WHY can the phone line not be switched on??
Broadband can wait until all the planning for the new"fibre optics"jobs to be done....When you live in an area with very bad mobile signal and miles from the nearest village or call box(if there is one)you are snookered for communications of any sort.

Please can we get a line turned on for Number **Edited** and broadband can wait until later.

You are ina BT hotspot my friend was told..So just use your details to log in....By the time its loaded all your credit is gone anyway as its SO SLOW......

Please help....

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: No phone line or broadband yet

please delete the phone number as this is a public forum and can be viewed worldwide The network is supplied by Openreach on behalf of all service providers of which BT i just one and BT gets no preferential under OFCOM rules

it is not just a matter of switching on a line as there may be no line from your local street cabinet to the exchange and this work can mean roadworks are needed
0 Ratings
grumpygit
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Fanny it just goes from bad to worse have you been on twitter? most companies respond to the public shaming of twitter but @btcare - who dont care really say they are trying their best.BT need to be held to account they control the phone network in the uk even though they say openreach is a separate company but it needs breaking open by the toothless ofcom to give the consumer decent service
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 20

@ grumpygit you have been offered help by the forum mods who are the only BT employees here
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 20

THERE MUST BE A PHONE LINE FROM THE CABINET TO THE HOUSE AS IT IS A SEMI DETACHED HOUSE AND IT ALREADY HAS AN EXISTING LINE IN IT....THE PEOPLE IN THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SEMI HAVE A PHONE LINE ON SO WHY CAN THE OTHER SIDE NOT?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

OR WHATEVER IT IS THAT GETS THE PHONE TO WORK FROM THE EXCHANGE TO THE CABINET....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 20

if the line has not been used for a while it is very likely to have been used for another customer
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 20

please do not post using capitals it is considered bad manners on forums
0 Ratings
grumpygit
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 20

"please do not post using capitals it is considered bad manners on forums " - I dont think anyone at BT has any right to tell people about manners and how to behave.Capitals are the equivalent of shouting which is what people do when they get angry because people don't do what they say they will do!

-Bad manners is making appointments and then just failing to turn up or call to say the appointment can't be made when I've had to take time off work to make it!

-Bad manners is telling lies to placate angry customers who have been let down by poor customer service

-Bad manners is lying to customers about when the service they have been promised will actually start

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 20

BAD MANNERS. That is not realising that we are all customers of BT Retail like yourself

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings