cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TeanCrumpets
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

No phone line or internet for two and a half weeks. Please help!

Good evening,

The phone line and internet for our house has been down since the Monday the 5th of August. Apparently my housemate has reported it but when I attempt to get hold of any information he is not conactable/away/not answering texts. I would be chasing up BT myself but he is the only one that knows the landline number. With the phone lines being down I was wondering if there was any other way for me to get those details. Maybe with the house address? 

I am starting Uni in September and it's pretty impossible for me to organise my student loans. Any help with a phone number or email address for me to conect BT on would be fantastic. 

Many thanks! 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 13

Re: No phone line or internet for two and a half weeks. Please help!

Welcome to the forum. Dial 17070 to get the phone number then try reporting the fault here.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 13

@pottyperson wrote:

Welcome to the forum. Dial 17070 to get the phone number then try reporting the fault here.

I hate to be picky, but that isn't going to work if the phone line is down.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 13

Do you have any bills or other written communications from BT available?  These should have either the phone number or the account number.

Alternatively, if it's all paper-free, do you have access to the MyBT account associated with the broadband?  If so, you could log on from another computer and find the account number there.

Alternatively, if you are not ex-directory, look it up in the phone book.

0 Ratings
TeanCrumpets
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Thank you for such a quick reply. Sadly I am not able to get to any of the paperwork as my housemate deals with all of the BT bills (funny thing is that he works for BT checking customer satisfaction!!!). I would presume he also has the My BT details. I have already tried looking it up in the phonebook and online with no luck. 

Any more routes I could go down? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 13

@Ectophile wrote:

@pottyperson wrote:

I hate to be picky, but that isn't going to work if the phone line is down.

Oops, senior moment for me. Apologies.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Reed_Richards
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 13

Any chance that your elusive housemate has not been paying the bill and you have been disconnected?

0 Ratings
TeanCrumpets
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

It has all been paid for. Apparently he is even arranging an upgrade to the superfast broadband, the engineer was meant to turn up today but was a no show (I heard this from a third party). Although I'm not sure what good superfast internet is going to be without a phoneline...

I guess there is no way of me reporting a fault without the phone number?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 13

You're going to struggle without the phone number or account number.

Another thought - have you phoned someone with Caller Display any time recently (and that includes almost all mobile phones)?  If so, and you can remember when you phoned, then that person may be able to tell you the number you called from.

0 Ratings
TeanCrumpets
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

Clever idea but since I moved in the phone has always been unattached with no cable to link it up. The only reason I know there is no phone line is because I borrowed a friends to test for a dialtone. 

0 Ratings