cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jodie2903
Message 1 of 3

No phone line

am writing on behalf of my fathers account and how discussed I am with the service we have received from BT, I have spoken to your complaints department on numerous occasions and the response and help I get is terrible, they promises to sort out the problem and call me back but nothing ever happens and I never receive the phone call. So I am now taking matter further by writing a formal complaint

My dad contacted your selfs on the 1st June 2015 to let you know that he would be moving property on the 12th June and would need his telephone line and number transferred, he was informed that was no problem and they would disconnect his line on the 12th and a new line with the existing number would be connected on the 22nd June, I took the day off work on the 22nd as we were told the engineers would be out and no body arrived and no phone connected, my dad then contacted BT home order department on the 23rd who told him there was a problem with the engineers and would be connected on the 30th, so on the 30th I took another day off work and again nobody arrived and no phone line.
I then myself called you on the 31st and spoke to a lady called Nancy who was very unhelpful and was giving more excuses and told that it would be connected on the 6th July I told her this was not good enough and that I wanted to speak to a manager of which she would not put me through and kept telling me they could tell me no more than her, eventually after me getting angry and asking for her name and saying I would complain about her lack of help she agreed to get a manager to call me back, when I asked if she would like my contact number she informed me she had it and continued to read off my dads telephone number (of which I was ringing about as it had not been connected!!!!) a manager did call me back about an hour later I my mobile, whilst I was waiting for that phone call I contacted 2 other phone providers , who both could have had the telephone line connected by the 8th July with no connection fee and a dam sight cheaper calls, but unfortunately as BT had disconnected the line for such a long time they could not guarantee my father keeping his original number, something that he wanted to do. When your Manager rung back I explained what the other companies had said and he assured me the line would be up and running on the 6th and that you would waver the £65 connection fee and that he would speak to the engineers and put it in as a priority and call me back the following day. This is all fairness he did and when I spoke to him he told me everything was all sorted and the line would go live on the 6th.
So again on the 6th July I took another day off work and again no engineer arrived and no telephone line, where my dad lives you get no mobile phone signal so I travelled the 7 miles back home and rung BT again and was told the line was working I informed the man it wasn't as I had just left my dads and he said he had rung the number and my dad must be out (this was not possible as my dad is housebound) so I was told I would need to travel back the 7miles disconnect the phone and leave for a few minutes and re plug in and the line would be up and running, I did this and again no phone line. So I came home and rung again and was told the 8th, the 8th came and went and no line, I have rung BT nearly every day and complained and am always promised a manager would call me back and nothing. I have been given excuse after excuse blaming the engineers, the weather. And finally i was told it would defiantly be the 16th, I called on the 15th to confirm checked order online and everything said 16th, so I took another day off work and once again no engineer I rung and spoke to your complaints department again who told me the line was up and running (which it was not) I was the informed there must be a problem at my dads property and that they would be sending somebody out on Monday (of which I'm sure nobody will arrive as usual) and that there would be a £125 charge if there was a fault at the property????(of which we will not be paying) I'm sure that's what we were paying the £65 for to get a line put in, but nobody's turned up to put in a line... I was also told a member of your faults team would call me back that evening or the following day and I have heard nothing.

So it's now been 7 weeks since you were made aware of the home move and 4 weeks since the line connection was meant to take place. And I am absolutely disgusted with your company, my father is elderly and house bound and instead of contacting him by telephone several times a day as usual to check all is ok. I have had to pay for child care so I can go over before I go to work, pay for child care so I can go over again after work on a daily basis travelling 7 miles each way. I have had numerous days off work to sit and wait for your engineers who don't turn up and I have lost count of the time I have spent on the phone to your company, I missed my sons leavers party at his school as i was promised your engineer would turn up on the 16th July (something that can never be replaced)
Weekends have been cancelled as I've had to spend my time travelling to my dads instead of just a quick phone call to check if he needed anything. Your company has cost me numerous pounds in petrol, child care, and days off work and after all the false promises I'm guessing this will continue as I can't see an engineer turning up on 20th as promised. I have now cancelled my telephone, broadband and television package with sky and my brother is in the process of cancelling his too.
I expect my fathers phone line up and running in the very near future and something done about my costs and time And i will be contacting watchdog and the daily news papers about the way your company has treated me and my elderly housebound father and how you have taken away his only bit of contact with the outside world. He moved on the 12th, he still has bills to switch over to his new address solicitors to pay non of which he can do until he has his telephone connected.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Jodie2903
Message 2 of 3

Re: No phone line

This was the email I sent several weeks ago, the engineer did not turn up again... Since then I have also had a bill thru and money deducted from my fathers account for a teelephone that does not work, I have lost count of the phonecalls I have made and promises of phonecalls back, I was promised a phonecall back at 9am on Saturday and changes my work to start at 10 and no call was recieved
I was told an engineer would be out this morning and never arrived. This was after informing bt that my one year old daughter goes into hospital on Friday and I would need it connected by then as she could be in for up to 3 weeks or I would go to another provider they assured me it would be. But today no engineer and all I get from your help desks is il call you back tomorrow. I have wasted hours with you guys. I just need a date or I will go else where
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: No phone line

Hi Jodie2903 and welcome.

I'm really sorry we've let your dad down. I'm sure I can help with this. Please email over your dads account details. You'll get the contact link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings