cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

No phone or broadband for 4 weeks due to fault

My phone line got zapped by lightening 4 weeks ago. There appears to be an underground fault so I wasnt expecting it to be fixed in a couple of days but it has now been 4 weeks. There have been two attempts at digging the road already so the delay is not caused by council permissions etc.  I have been given at least three promises of when it would be fixed and none of which happened and am at my wits end. All am am looking for is a date, that way I can plan and go on a mobile data plan instead of paying a fortune on pay as you go. I have had no success calling and would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to get this kind of thing escalated so I can least get a an accurate date I call teh 150 number every day but they can't really tell me anything.

many thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
stonermc
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: No phone or broadband for 4 weeks due to fault

I lost my phone service for four weeks. During that time I was able to use my broadband to report faults and and track them but someone kept closing them even though I still couldn't make callls and I would open another fault. I used the webchat every other day and they kept saying 48 hours. They told me the fault was underground and they would require permission to dig but they still told me.. 48 hours. I then received phone calls from BT but got the same message.. 48 hours.

So I tried webchat, 150, 151 and though people tried to get the information, Open Reach just kept telling them 48 hours. You'll never get a date off them and it's usually down to Open Reach.

My landline was finally fixed on saturday (though BT didn't tell me) but someone forgot to turn off the diversion to my mobile phone.. so that took another day or two.

So keep a record of dates etc.. it will get fixed but not as soon as you'd like.. but make sure you get a full refund after.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: No phone or broadband for 4 weeks due to fault

Hi @waltermartin3 and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you've been without service for so long. I can appreciate how inconvenient that must be for you. I'll be happy to take a look at this for you if you wish. Just drop me over an email with the details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings