cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: No phone or broadband

just because BT say Openreach are not busy they do not know Openreach's workload with other providers and its operating area is not just your exchange they cover complete counties and in some cases multiple counties you have been given a date of Tuesday for the fault to be resolved BT can do no more neither can any other provider
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 17

you can get your incoming calls diverted to a mobile if that helps you
0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 17

Openreach target response is 3 working days , that doesn't include the weekend, so report on Thursday , gets you a target of Tuesday , so in your case the 24th , that's what your provider (BT consumer) service level agreement with Openreach is...want better than that you can pay more for a priority service,

you don't know if OR have made no attempt to fix your line yet, but having said that, obviously depending on where the fault is and what is required to fix it, could go way past the 3 working day target

Although frustrating to lose service,  you are only 1 working day into your fault,  and although I'm not saying your line will be fixed by the 24th, you need to give them a chance, it's a bit early to be overly concerned at their response

0 Ratings
ebury72
Beginner
Message 14 of 17

.. overly concerned at their response.. what response ? They have done nothing at all as far as im concerned. I reported the line fault, and bt have still to get me a call or date for an engineer. Fault reported at 10am thursday,hardly 1 day!
Imagine waiting over 3 days(how can bt not include weekend as working days?!) if your car breaks down,your bank card stops working..love all the replies giving bt support,hope you all spend hours on the phone to india discussing the weather,tv programs,etc and not a proper technical team to sort problems rather than make you irate
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 17

you have been told the fault should be cleared by the 24th it may or may not need a home visit there are no fixed appointments made
0 Ratings
ebury72
Beginner
Message 16 of 17

Great news... only 48hrs to go until i have to re submitt when nothing happens.Still taking money knowing the line isn't working.
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 17

you are jumping to conclusions if the fault exceeds 3 working days you can claim line rental back for each day you are waiting Openreach do not make appointments as many faults are cleared without visiting the customers home

I assume you have tried a different phone in the test socket to eliminate any possible internal wiring or equipment faults to avoid possible charges of £129.99 as you are responsible for all extension wiring and equipment connected

vdslfaceplatefront2.JPG

0 Ratings