cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madmonk56
Message 1 of 9

No phone or broadband

Please can somebody help.

I have no broadband or phone. I have a dialling tone and when you phone the home number from another phone it rings but the handset doesn't. If you use the house phone you can dial a number and it will ring once then nothing.

My broadband is just flashing purple. I have factory reset, turned on and off but still purple. 

Have been told no fault on line and I have to wait till engineer comes out Monday. I pay for broadband plus but this seems a waste of time.

Any help would be gratefull

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: No phone or broadband

have you tried using the test socket with a filter to see if that helps?  

have you checked service in your area for problems   https://my.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

If you dial 17070, does the number that is read out, match your home phone number?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
Madmonk56
Message 4 of 9

Hi there

No nothing like it

0 Ratings
Madmonk56
Message 5 of 9

Have no filter and my broadband extension cable is hardwired into the main by box

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

if phone number on quiet line test is not yours then report a phone fault to 151

using the test socket eliminates all your internal wiring and can help you avoid the oprnreach callout fee of £85

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

@Madmonk56 wrote:

Hi there

No nothing like it

Then you have a crossed line and somebody else will be using your line to make phone calls, so please check your phone bill, and tell BT about any calls you did not make.

If you can also tell BT what the number is on your line at the moment, then it would help to identify where the problem is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
Madmonk56
Message 8 of 9

Brilliant

Thank you I have noted the number down. Cannot report it at the moment due to there system down lol

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi @Madmonk56,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post.

Strange issue!  Sorry for the problems you've been having.  If you are having problems getting this reported we can help from here.  The thing is, it can take us a few days to get round to picking up your case so have a go with that number tomorrow and if you're not getting anywhere you know where to find us Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings