cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

No phone or internet service for over eight weeks and no joy! Help.

Hi All,

Can anybody offer any advice on the way forward?

No phone or internet service since 19th July 2016.

Divert to my mobile requested many times and finally put in place Thursday 15th September. 

My account is being charged heavily for every call that is diverted to my mobile phone when my bill normally gives me free calls.

Report date 19th July Fault VOL031......  ongoing
                     Fault diagnostics - fault with bt
                     Estimated repair date 9/8
                     24/8  Working on fault.   Need more time.
                     Completed.  NOT THE CASE

Report date 31/8  Fault VOL051-2........
                     Completed.  NOT THE CASE

Report date 6/9    Fault VOL051-31......
                       Completed.  NOT THE CASE

Report date 12/9  Fault VOL051-36.......
                     Completed.  NOT THE CASE

It would appear that Openreach/BT is resetting the clock.  I have had no service since 19th July and according to my bill there is no open fault.  I am being charged for the diverted calls to my mobile phone when I am on a tarrif where my calls should be free.  I have received nothing but empty assurances from BT that the fault is being fixed.  I was informed in August that an MBORC was in place on my line but at the next update my BT advisor told me that Openreach told him he had misheard and there was no MBORC in place.  The next call informed me that an A55 was in place and BT were unable to do anything to improve matters and effectively it meant I had to wait.  During this entire debacle my neighbour who lives 200 yards away and is on the same line has had continuous service.  

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: No phone or internet service for over eight weeks and no joy! Help.

BT Retail diverts when there is a fault, are free, so you should not be charged.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Hi @Lizzie3

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry that your services have developed a fault and for the length of time that this has been ongoing.  Can you send us over your details so that we can check what's causing the hold up.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Thanks, I thought that too.  Moderator has posted so will get in touch now.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Hello,

Have had no response from the Moderators yet after sending the required information.  Is there any further update on my situation?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

if you have contacted RobbieMac please now leave it in his hands now as the forum mods take personal ownership of problems and provide a single point of contact in the UK at the moment once you contact them they are taking 3/5 working days to reply to your personally by phone or email they have a very good success rate with problems
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Hello,

We are now on the 29th September and still no joy from BT.  More reassurances and a call telling me I had my service back!  NOT THE CASE!  I was assured the jointing engineer would do his job today and I would be back online but yet again we have been let down.  Robbie Mac can you move this further ahead for me?

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Lizzie3,

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry you're still having problems. We're very busy at present but we have your email and will be in touch soon.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings