cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jack310160
Beginner
Message 1 of 21

No phone service since Thursday evening VOL012-92**********

My elderly mother has had not phone service since Thursday evening after a post suffered damage up the road from her.

BT were advised on Thursday early evening and came out to secure the lines on Thursday evening even though the tracker information gives Friday as the reported date to make it look better.

They came back on Friday and ascertained that it needed a new pole.

Today they are suggesting, again on the tracker, that the estimated repair time for this in Wednesday 5pm. 

This is 7 days, how can putting in a standard pole, of which they should have them readily available be so difficult.

My mother relies on this service to get contact with the outside world and also for care call.

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: No phone service since Thursday evening VOL012-9*************

Hi Jack310160

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of the problems experienced.

Please send us an email using the contact the mods link in my profile and I can have this investigated further.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Jack310160
Beginner
Message 3 of 21

Re: No phone service since Thursday evening VOL012-927********

Hi Stuart

Thankyou for coming back so quickly, I am struggling to find the contact the moderator, contact link, I am logged in, can you give me more information on where I should see it please

thanks

Jackie

0 Ratings
Jack310160
Beginner
Message 4 of 21

Re: No phone service since Thursday evening VOL012-92***********

Hi again Stuart

I think I have it now and have submitted a message, hopefully you will have received it

thanks

Jackie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 21

Re: No phone service since Thursday evening VOL012-92***********

Hi Jackie

Thanks I have checked the queue and can see the email in there.

We will be in touch as soon as possible with a case handler to investigate this for you.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Jack310160
Beginner
Message 6 of 21

I now have a reply from the Moderator team telling me exactly what I can read myself on the BT tracking system.  That the estimated time for resolving a new pole will be a whole week and if we are lucky as there will be a further update on that date, unbelievable on such a standard piece of support material. 

Problem reported Thursday 12th   (not Friday 13th as stated on the tracker)

Estimated resolve Wednesday 18th 5pm

In the mean time we have elderly and vulnerable people living in a remote location with communication lines

If we were struggling with bad weather and heavy demand I could understand but we are obviously not

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 21

does your mother qualify here http://www.bt.com/includingyou/assets/downloads/FreePriorityFaultRepair.pdf

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Jack310160
Beginner
Message 8 of 21

Hi

I will check this out to see if I can get her onto it for the future, hopefully I can.  I rang on Thursday as did many other people to report it and no one at BT suggest such an preferential service, I suppose as they have to react much more efficiently than they are doing once someone is on this

Regards

Jackie

0 Ratings
Helios
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 21

Re: No phone service since Thursday evening VOL012-92**********

The Free Priority Repair Scheme won't help in situations like these...

If you are on the scheme all it means is an engineer will attend within 4 hours, it does not mean they guarantee a fix within 4 hours...

Once an engineer attends within 4 hours that's the end of the commitment, if it takes a further 4 weeks to complete the repair after that for whatever reason then that's the wY it is...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 21

Re: No phone service since Thursday evening VOL012-92**********

it could however help the poster with other possible faults in the future