Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jack310160
Beginner
Message 11 of 21

Re: No phone service since Thursday evening VOL012-92**********

Yes thanks John that is a good point

Day 6 - received a text from BT saying they are dealing with the fault as a priority and should repsond in the next 24 hours which takes us to Day 7 and doesnt give me any hope of anything other than an update if I am lucky.

A lady from BT called me last night and said there is a lot of red tape they have to go through, risk assesments etc, another van appeared and disappeared yesterday,  no doubt carrying out a smalll part of what is required. 

Anyone with BT Shares this is where your profit is going, something to think about when you next look at the dividends they are paying out.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 21

The network is owned and maintained by Openreach BT retail your provider have no control over the time taken to carry out repairs Openreach try to investigate all faults within 3 working days unfortunately replacing poles can be involved as road and pavement closure orders may be needed and this involves the local authority
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 21

looking at the time you have been waiting the fault would have not gone on to the Openreach system until Friday the weekend is not counted as working days so that actual time is currently only 3 days which is within their time scale
0 Ratings
Jack310160
Beginner
Message 14 of 21

Service providers working 5 days a week is out of the dark ages.  This country operates on a 7 day a week basis these days, at least 80% of it does, therefore service providers also need to assess their understanding of the word service.

You are incorrect at the point that it reached Openreach as an Openreach engineer rang me on Thusday evening to tell me that my call was the second on this problem and that it had already been opened with them earlier in the day.  They also attended in the first instance on Thursday early evening to ensure the lines were secure.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 21

Openreach do not deal directly with the public only service providers as this link shows http://www.expect.openreach.co.uk/ residential faults are expected to be investigated within 3 working days excluding weekend Business line users are offered faster response times as they pay extra for rapid response services
0 Ratings
Jack310160
Beginner
Message 16 of 21

Other Open Reach official out this morning to take another look at the pole !!  That is the 5th visit but must be another box ticked !

0 Ratings
Jack310160
Beginner
Message 17 of 21

Mr Moderator,

When we mark a post solved, what exactly does this mean and who marks it

How is this resolved

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 21

only the post originatoer or a mod can mark the post solved  as yours is not solved

go to message 6 then options and unmark as solved

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Jack310160
Beginner
Message 19 of 21

Thanks, done

0 Ratings
Jack310160
Beginner
Message 20 of 21

Latest update....date for new pole now June 24th, that will make it 13 days without a care line, (9 workings day) and only now are they assessing if they can put a temporary solution in, I wish I worked for such a competent company !

0 Ratings