cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deepar
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

No phone since 18th dec

So fed up no phone since 18th dec and spent hours on phone to numerous Bangalore agents with no avail. Open reach gave tv date of 23rd for a fix but nothing bt now saying no engineer assigned so they Told me not to even chase them until 30th. Can't seem to get anywhere. Anyone got any advice even range uk head office who said I have to call India again!!!!! Help
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: No phone since 18th dec

I am afraid like alot of companies there will be limited staff in over the holiday period.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Deepar
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

I don't accept that as an excuse my phone was off a week before Xmas plenty of time to put right. Seems to me people have no phone for a month or more and bt get away with it. It's disputing and I am over a barrel and have no idea when the issue will be resolved. Talking to Bangalore and not getting any information I've had enough!! Ofcom here we come no other choice.

0 Ratings
Deepar
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Ok so have submitted my ofcom complaint but was hoping a moderator on here maybe able to help as no information for bt as apparently its an opn reach problem and of course us customers can't speak to them! I wonder why. Any moderator able to help me?
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 8

Hi Deepar,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  Really sorry that you have been left without telephone service over the holiday period.  I am happy to chase this up for you.

Can you please drop me an email.  You will find my contact link under the 'about me' section on my profile, just click on my username (SeanD).  Please include you BT account details and link to this thread.

Cheers 

Sean

0 Ratings
Deepar
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

So still no phone and absolutly no contact back from moderator or bt india! have just called them and they are going to call back after speaking to open reach lets see!!!!!!!

How can we be held like this with no where to go and nothing can be done bt should loose the monopoly on the phones this is discusting!!!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

The moderators will normally reply within 4-5 working days.

BT are only a service provider, its Openreach that do the provision and repairs.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
bishop27828
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

I too am having the exact same problems as you.
Wednesday 18th, 8:45am a BT engineer is tinkering with phone cables at the top of the telephone pole next to my house. 9:06am my phoneline no longer works, and the engineer has vanished.
I call BT help, only to be told the issue will be fixed by the 23rd.
When the 23rd comes around there's no change in status. Still a non - working phoneline. I call BT help again and explain the situation, only to be told that the engineer booked was cancelled. The Indian advisor books (what he called) an experienced engineer, and promises the issue would be fixed by the 30th.
When the 30th arrived (still nothing has been repaired) I call BT help once more, only to be told it would take a further 3 working days to fix.
Why should repairing a phoneline take so long to repair?
0 Ratings