cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulSimmonds
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

No socket

Hi I applied for a new phone line on 3 November engineer was scheduled to come on the 24th between 8 and 1 PM and I waited in for six hours I telephoned helpdesk for BT was told the engineer visit was cancelled by BT because they say we have a working socket in the building but we don't and no one I have spoken to can understand And now want me to wait three more weeks for an engineer to call again. I think this is scandalous also I've just got my first bill for my non existent service
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 13

Re: No socket

Welcome to the forum. I'm asking the moderators to look into this for you and they will post contact info here later this morning.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
PaulSimmonds
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Thank you
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Hi PaulSimmonds and welcome.

I'm sorry there's been a delay in getting the line connected. I'll be happy to lend a hand and get this sorted for you. Can you please send over the details, including any order references you have? You'll get the contact link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
PaulSimmonds
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Thanks Dave i've just been in contact with another helpline from BT and they have arranged an engineer visit for Tuesday this is after possibly four to five hours on the phone
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Block66b
Contributor
Message 6 of 13

That's gonna cost..... I'd check if BT are going to pass the Openreach Visit charge on or not......
0 Ratings
PaulSimmonds
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

How can it cost when there contract is to supply a telephone line and they havent
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 13

Have you just moved into the property?

Could the previous occupiers have removed it?

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
PaulSimmonds
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

There was a line as it was a commercial property but that was about 5 years ago but it was taken out
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

@PaulSimmonds wrote:
There was a line as it was a commercial property but that was about 5 years ago but it was taken out

Then Openreach will have to re-provide the line. With luck, it should only cost you about £130.

0 Ratings