cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: No test socket & connection drops when incoming calls are made.

Go to solution
it is your isps responsibility to contact OPENREACH and deal with them to resolve your broadband problems no that of BT retail
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Internal fault get ex-bt engineer out loads in yell.com Cheapest and quickest way

0 Ratings
jonmale
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

@Danje wrote:

Nope, nothing at all, just filter, modem & phone. If someone rings the internet drops, but phone call still continues fine. Makes no difference if I answer it or not, it drops as soon as the call happens. 

I'm guessing it's a wiring problem somewhere. Modem log shows nothing out of the ordinary.

To interject here, I have the same issue.  I am using a BT Hub (v2).  Whenever I get an incoming call the net connection drops and the hub lights flash (amber, then reset to solid blue).

Is line clarity on voice calls good or is there any noise?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

This thread has been solved, as customer was not a BT customer, please start a different thread. Thanks.

0 Ratings
rdc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

If you have your phone through BT and your Broadband through someone else, are you a BT customer or not? We also suffered from the Broadband connection dropping when a voice call came in. The problem you face is that (Broadband Service Provider) blame BT and BT say it's (Broadband Service Provider). I had an unproven theory that it was the internal wiring in the house that was suspect, which of was, of course installed by BT before they fragmented into OpenReach and Retail. They had for instance managed to install equipment to increase the REN from 4 to 8 without leaving an identifiable master socket - that's the "secret" connection behind the face place.

How did we resolve the problem? By a piece of lateral thinking. We have a second line installed which is used as a fax line. So move the broadband to the other line, and the problem of line drop was (more or less) solved. Whether it was less incoming traffic or better line quality, I couldn't say.

0 Ratings