cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Majorbugout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: Noisy line, poor internet and dropouts AGAIN!

With a filter?  On BT Infinity?

Do you mean without the face plate?

I can only assume the Engineer did this, I haven't checked it this time but have previously, numerous times.  Over the past 14 months the wiring in the house has been checked, numerous times.  With and without the face plate.  The socket is in good condition and was replaced about 6 months ago.

The Engineer that visited 6 months ago said there was a fault in the wiring outside, neatened up the wiring and this fixed the issue for a month or so then it slowly came back. The engineer that came a couple of days ago said there was a blip somewhere outside but could not find the problem.

The fault is not in the wiring inside the house it's with the ancient wiring outside.

I'm still waiting to see where we go now as this still needs sorting!

I'm not happy paying for a phone line that is virtually unusable and a declining internet connection.

0 Ratings
Majorbugout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Still waiting for that call.  🤔

Just picked up the phone to check messages and the connection dropped.   From a connection that was roughly 42/6.8MBps I now have. . . .

Speed.png

0 Ratings
Majorbugout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 17

The wife just picked up the phone to ring her mum and the internet has dropped again. 

That makes 5 times in the past 24 hours!

The fault is still open on BT fault tracker but nobody seems to be taking any further action.

Advice? Anyone??

😢

0 Ratings
Majorbugout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Here's a reminder of what I have to put up with, along with an internet connection that is reliant upon the level of precipitation and wind direction 😶

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w8wc5core6a4o2e/LineNoise.mp3?dl=0

After 15 months of getting nowhere I've logged a case at

https://www.resolver.co.uk/

and I'm looking to escalate to the ombudsman.

Thanks to anyone who has tried to help.

0 Ratings
Majorbugout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46523270

lol

I now realise why my fault which was still open on 23rd June was then miraculously fixed on the 8th June 5 days later!

. . . . even though its still not fixed!!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 17

if your connection drops when you pick up the phone to make a call then first thing to check is that problem is not an extension socket causing problems  to do that you need to connect a filter to the test socket and then hub and phone to filter and see if the broadband still drops when making a call  if yes then you need engineer as problem outside your home but if broadband remains ok then there is a problem with your internal wiring and would be chargeable on engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Majorbugout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 17

if your connection drops when you pick up the phone to make a call then first thing to check is that problem is not an extension socket causing problem

Please read my previous posts. It's been well established the fault is not in the wiring inside my home.  The socket and wiring has been tested numerous times and the socket replaced.  We just can't get an engineer with the knowledge and equipment to isolate and fix the fault.

😶

0 Ratings