cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Not ringing when calling

Hello!

So my landline is not ringing when there is an incoming call. It’s volume is up, I’ve tried the test socket, I’ve checked all the wires, I am able to make outgoing calls but when there is an incoming call, the phone registers a call and if you pick up the handset you can chat to the person calling however does not make a sound. I’ve registered a fault with BT but due to Covid-19 I have not been able to speak to an actual human being. 
has anyone got any home support I could complete in the mean time- now more than ever we need our landline to be working so vulnerable friends and family can contact us. We have limited phone signal on our mobiles so to be without a fully functioning landline is hard. 
Many thanks 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Not ringing when calling

This is a very  recent post almost identical. 

https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/Phone-not-Ringing-for-Incoming-Calls/m-p/2025304#M69860

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: Not ringing when calling

Thankyou for the link, they did describe the same problem- but how do I get an engineer to change the exchange? 
I’ve reported the fault I’ve got on my BT.

many thanks 

0 Ratings