cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Nuisance calls increasing after upgrade to full fibre

After upgrading to full fibre the number of nuisance calls (automated and real calls)) has increased dramatically.

is it just coincidence?

how do we stop it?

I’m told by BT that we are still registered onnTPS

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Nuisance calls increasing after upgrade to full fibre

It may well be nothing more than coincidence;   however,  coincidence or not,  as per other posts on this forum,  there is no absolute means of preventing such calls.    The TPS is better than nothing,  marginally,  although there is a school of thought that says the TPS database has actually been used by scammers.   The BT 4600 phone,  although I personally haven't tried it,  seems to be the optimum solution if you like that particular phone.    There are various other partial fixes  -  I'm sure other forum users will elaborate  -  but they are all only partial.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Nuisance calls increasing after upgrade to full fibre

The TPS is only effective against bona fide callers. The BT 4600 is highly recommended but a cheaper option is to subscribe to caller display and let unrecognised numbers run to voicemail with a message of your choice. I do that and find that almost all unrecognised calls cut off before they reach the message.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings