Did you mean: 
Highlighted
starship
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Nuisance calls

Go to solution

Hi.

Can some offer some way of dealing with Nuisance calls, I am not to bad but it is really effecting my wife, she gets worried each time the phone rings now. I have no way of identifieing the caller, as the number is with held, when the call shows up it comes up as Undentified, ringing 1471 gives me no number. I should also add my telephone number is registered with TPS..

The caller is there for a short while then hangs up.

Any ideas please as this is getting a little to much to handle.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Nuisance calls

Go to solution

You could use a call blocking phone and force withheld numbers to identify themselves.

BT do a couple of them.

If you think its the same person/numbe  each time, BT have a Choose To Refuse facility which allows you to block the last caller, even if its withheld.

Havnalaff
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

@starship, we had this trouble, and I got a BT Decor 1500 corded phone/answerphone, we don't bother picking up these calls with that in the system. Just let the phone ring and forget it. Just a thought, and this provided a cheap permanent solution to these problem calls for us.

Oldbones
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi starship,

Go and have a look at a set of BT Call Guardian phones, look on the net and read the pdf manual is my advice.

I  have a set myself and they are the best,set them up and they are fantastic.

I did have a problem with mine,not any fault of the phones,but it did block a 0845 number what may have

stopped me some grief (see my posts) but thats all sorted now.

starship
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for the info very helpful i will look into each and everyone.

Very frustrating as the phone went off this morning around 4am, this was concerning as our daughter is very ill and thought it might have been her trying to make contact.

One of the first moves will be, as soon as we see caller unidentified we won't bother to pick up, maybe they will get fed up.

Regards to all..

0 Ratings
AA99
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I've just had a very professionally sounding call (with Eastern accent) from a young man claiming to be from BT Openreach and that they can see I'm experiencing a lot of problems with my internet connection.

I don't have caller display and told him no thank you.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

BT Openreach certainly wouldn't be ringing to offer to fix any problems with your internet, they wouldn't know and they certainly wouldn't care if you hadn't reported a problem.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
I think open reach have enough work without ringing customers offering to fix non existent faults
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@AA99 wrote:

I've just had a very professionally sounding call (with Eastern accent) from a young man claiming to be from BT Openreach and that they can see I'm experiencing a lot of problems with my internet connection.

I don't have caller display and told him no thank you.

That's very polite. I'm lucky enough not to get many such calls but when I do my response has one word fewer.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings