cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Nuisance phone calls.

On a daily, usually 2-3 times a day I get phone calls from (today) 02080680228 and also a Manchester number. I have "blocked" these numbers but they just change a couple of numbers and call again. Calling them back, no number, just a tone.

My phone also notifies me every time they ring even though I have blocked them.

How can I stop these calls or if not, stop the phone notifying me that I have had a call from them but they didn't leave a message?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Nuisance phone calls.

bt have a BT CALL BLACKLIST site ,you log in then enter the number you want to block . you  can also write a description  . so far i have about 50 numbers , like you i seem to get 1 so i block it and then later in  the day i get another but with just the last few digits changed 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Nuisance phone calls.

There is only one reliable way to stop these calls and that is to invest in a phone that has a call-blocker. The BT8600 has worked well for me and I have not had a nuisance call for over a year whereas I used to get them frequently. The apparent originating number for calls is no indicator of where they come from and most of the nuisance calls do not originate in the UK. The 8600 works on the basis that calls from numbers in your address book (which you compile and control) are accepted by your phone directly. Callers from unknown numbers are asked to identify themselves and the reason for their call - you hear the reply and can then choose either to accept the call, block it or add the number to your address book. Scammers will not waste time saying who they are.