Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
glenm32
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Number does not exist

Go to solution
So all of a sudden I am unable to receive calls from anyone outside of my exchange.

My mother in-law can call and she runs through the same exchange. Mobiles and other exchanges get s message to check the number and try again.

First engineer came out, confirmed it was not my property (I could have told them that). He went away, changed my exchange equipment and called a help desk who said that sky are blocking my number. I called sky who said they gave the number to BT 15 months ago and nothing has changed.

I spoke to BT who then said they need to raise an open reach fault again and an engineer will visit today. No engineer arrived. So I called BombayTelecoms who spoke to another team. The engineer didn't come out because he read the last engineers notes and agreed that it's not my property. That's were his investigation ended.

An engineer has been booked again for Friday. So that's 3 engineers in 10 days. At £150 a day it costs me to have unpaid leave from work I am more than a little fed up.

Can anyone help.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Number does not exist

Go to solution

A visit is not going to help, as its a routing issue.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi glenm32,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems receiving calls. I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
have you recently transfered your phone service either to BT or from BT?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
glenm32
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Hi,

No, I have been with BT for 15months.

I had a call from the Belfast call centre this evening and it appears to be working all of a sudden. The nice chap has arranged for a follow up call tomorrow to check things are still working. Unfortunatly he has no idea why it seems to have burst into life this evening.
0 Ratings