cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LynneDevon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

OFCOM or County Court

Has anybody on this forum taken BT to Ofcom or the County Court?

After 10 weeks , still not managed to end my contract, line still operating, still receiving bills and not received the promised refund of Annual Line Saver

Bounce between India and UK countless times

Has anybody received compensation for the time lost in pursuing claims against BT?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: OFCOM or County Court

OFCOM are just the Communications Regulator. They don’t deal with Individual Complaints.

If you have a Complaint you have to go through BT’s Complaint Procedures. If you can not resolve the Complaint with them then they will send you a Deadlock Letter and you can then take it up with OFTEL who will make a final decision.

OFTEL act completely impartially and don’t always work in the customers favour.

I remember a case once where some bell end thought he could wrangle £500 out of BT for being out of service for 3 weeks. He was offered a Goodwill Gesture of £75, which he flat out refused and was delusional to think if he moaned long enough he'd get the £500.

It went to Deadlock and OFTEL’s final decision was that BT should pay just £40. He then back tracked and said he would take the £75 but it was to late as OFTEL’s decision was final.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Oftel no longer exist. They merged into Ofcom in 2003.

If you have a complaint and have a deadlock letter you take it to the Communications Ombudsman

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/communications

0 Ratings
LynneDevon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Many thanks for the advice guys
Obviously will have to use Ombudsmen, as County court would expect you to do so
Although I am not a bell end, I can understand customers making claims into the hundreds of pounds, as if you factor in time spent in the on line chat and hanging on the line, it would be a considerable sum
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@LynneDevon I'm really sorry the problems with you've experienced with BT recently if you need any help getting this sorted please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
LynneDevon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Many thank for the offer, which I will take up!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@LynneDevon No problem, we'll be happy to help you get this sorted.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

You can’t put a Monetary Figure on Time. BT used to and probably still do when people make claims on it.

If they could though surely I’m well within my rights, as are hundreds of thousands of others to claim hundreds if not thousands of pounds off the NHS for late, Cancelled and delayed appointments.
0 Ratings