Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mcapps
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

ORDI Request to openreach

Go to solution

I need BT who I believe currently supplies the line for the property I have moved into. I am trying to set up internet with a different provider but apparently the details are registered incorrectly. Please can someone help me raise an ORDI request?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: ORDI Request to openreach

Go to solution

@Mcapps 

Its not a case of who supplies the line, its who is your current Service Provider?

The line is provided by Openreach, and if you do not have a Service Provider at the moment, then you need to order a phone line from one, and the Openreach database will be updated.

Unless you are choosing BT Retail as your provider, then this forum cannot help.

0 Ratings
Mcapps
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Hi, I do not have a supplier currently but the line seems to be active and can take and make calls. I am trying to get Plusnet to provide service but they are saying I must contact the current supplier to make corrections. How do I find out if BT is the service provider or who the service provider is? I appreciate if the forum cannot help but unsure who to speak to next.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

you need to contact the previous occupiers of the property and get them to terminate the connection.  as you are not a BT customer then they are not going to help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

First dial 150, and see what message you get.

If it is a working line, then you can simply ask Plusnet, or any othe provider, to do a working line takeover.

0 Ratings
Mcapps
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for your help. Calling 150 returns "sorry you cannot call that number from this line". I will try and contact the previous occupants and speak to Plusnet again.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Try dialling 17070 and see what you get.

You probably just have a stopped line, which is why there is dial tone on it. If calling 150 gets nowhere, then BT would not have been the last owners provider.

0 Ratings
Mcapps
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

17070 tells me my phone no and then gives options for openreach line test.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

@Mcapps wrote:

17070 tells me my phone no and then gives options for openreach line test.

Then you can find out who owns the line this way.

If you have a quick look at the OFCOM website :-

http://static.ofcom.org.uk/static/numbering/index.htm#geog1

and download the spreadsheet that contains your number range (note the numbers exclude the leading zero). The line in the spreadsheet will show to whom the range is allocated.

If you cannot do that, then post the number here but miss out the last two digits.

0 Ratings
Mcapps
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

When I check the spreadsheet it says BT. Does that mean BT can resolve this is do I still need to try and contact the previous occupants? Or can Plusnet solve it?

0 Ratings