cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teapat
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Old landline loss distress

NeilO I left my old phone provider who have disconnected my landline number which I had for over 10 years, my husband has recently passed away and it's the only number people can get me on as I dont use a mobile. I have joined BT but they are unable to reconnect my disconnected line can Neil help please as I've seen he has helped others please. I can give my daughters mobile or use my email address to contact me please? 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Old landline loss distress

@Teapat 

Who originally issued your phone number, as they will be the owner of the number?

0 Ratings
Teapat
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

BT

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

@Teapat wrote:

BT

Are you still living at the same address when your number was first issued by BT?

PS Please do not post any personal details on this forum.

0 Ratings
Teapat
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

Yes still at the same address nothing has changed. Can you help at all?
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

@Teapat wrote:
Yes still at the same address nothing has changed. Can you help at all?

One more answer needed please, before I can pass your request to a moderator.

Do you now have a working BT Retail phone line, with a new number?

Teapat
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

Not yet, I'm not being connected until between the 5th to 8th december, do I wait until then to contact you again?
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

@Teapat wrote:
Not yet, I'm not being connected until between the 5th to 8th december, do I wait until then to contact you again?

There is nothing that can be done until you have a working line, and the order has been closed.

You will be given a new number to start with, however a request can be made via this forum, for a moderator to request a manual renumber back to to your original number.

This cannot be done via the normal BT process, as it has to be raised as a special task.

Its never 100% guaranteed that you will get your number back, but it normally happens, as there is no technical issues involved, its simply a software change.

If you would like to post back here, once your BT phone line is active, then one of the moderation team can be asked to assist.

I will make them aware of this thread now, and they may ask you to provide some information to them via private messaging.

Teapat
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

Thank you so much I really appreciate your help. I will be in contact 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Hi @Teapat welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. As @Keith_Beddoe has pointed out we may be able to get your line renumbered back to the number you require once it is active. I've sent you a PM with information on how to contact the Mod team and we will be happy to check on the availability of the number you require.

Cheers
John