Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Ombudsman

Go to solution

Hi. Anybody had experiences of dealing with the Ombudsman?

We have an ongoing problem with our landline, which is totally unusable. The situation is exacerbated by the fact that we live in a very rural area therefore our mobiles are pretty much useless, which we can live with under normal circumstances. Therefore when we are at home we are totally uncontactable. This situation is bad enough, but the fact is that my wife is receiving treatment for cancer, and is awaiting an operation. We have asked to be notified by the hospital if a cancellation occurs and we can move the operation forward. Hopefully we are away from home when this occurs as they cannot contact us at home.

I made the Engineer aware of this on Day One of my complaint and recieved sympathetic promises and reassurances that this would be dealt with as priority. Now many weeks down the line of missed and cancelled engineer visits with us staying in (my heads all over the show at the moment with other things as you can understand but I'm sure its four possibly five) only to find out later that they were never coming in the first place has just ground us down. It has actually made a horrendous experience worse. And then add that to the fact that we have two vulnerable elderly parents who are self-isolating and unable to contact us. I have had numerous conversations with lovely members of staff who have decided to grab the bull by the horns and take care of the case themselves and get it sorted only to be let down again.

Is it possible to ask BT for a hard copy of all dealings with them so I can confirm the timeline of events which I can then put together with a description of my side of events, which I can then pass onto the Ombudsman? Apologies but I'm assuming thats how these things happen. I'd really appreciate anyones help in this matter.

Latest is that we were promised an Engineers visit tomorrow by a staff member from Durham last Saturday, only to be told yesterday by another member of staff from Ireland that this was not possible, he actually didn't seem aware of it, and it will now be Thursday. They need to know that EVERY SINGLE DAY this repair is delayed we are experiencing huge levels of stress. I am sick and tired of repeating our situation with my wifes cancer to staff, who are very apologetic, but nothing is getting done. We have absolutely no faith at all that anyone will turn up on Thursday such is the level of incompetence shown so far. My neighbours have been fantastic but it really is embarrassing constantly using their landline phones to make these very personal and difficult calls.

Looking forward to your replies so I can get the ball rolling.

Thanks in advance.

Andy.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: Ombudsman

Go to solution

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum 🙂

I have asked a passing mod to help, they are BT employees and have a fantastic track record for stepping in and working magic, I can understand how frustrating a situation you're in.

To answer your question, do you have an open complaint ? the Ombudsman are there when you reach what's known as deadlock, you and BT can't agree on the complaint closure, results in deadlock.
If 8 weeks (56 days) have passed and the complaint still open, the Ombudsman would help then.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

I have asked the forum mods who are BT employees to see if they can help you get phone line fixed. They will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @Andrewtomlinson,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry your service hasn't been repaired. If you send me your details, I'll be able to help you with your complaint.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution
Richie. Thanks for your help, really appreciate it, but afraid, as expected, no engineer again today. The way its going it'll probably get to 56 days so if it does I'll take it from there. Thanks again. Andy
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution
Thanks for your help, but no joy again today. Cheers. Andy.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Did you contact the mods by completing the form and answering the private message?

if so then contact mods again who will help you. Don't call customer services  

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Yes I did, but heard nothing back. Back onto customer services last night and they've told me that they've put me on a '30 hour priority' and it should get done today. Have to say the staff I've talked to are all great, but then again, nothings getting done. 

Thanks for your help and I'll let you know how it goes.

Andy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

@Andrewtomlinson,

I'm sorry to hear that your fault has still not been fixed. 

I took a quick look at your case and I can see that @RobbieMac  is case handling your complaint. @RobbieMac is out of the office today but back in the office tomorrow. I have let him know that your still having problems so he can follow up with you.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Another no-show again today I'm afraid.

0 Ratings