cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Open orders

Hello.

thank you for allowing me to join your forum. On the 22/08/18 we moved out of our house, on the 24/08/19 we moved into our new address still within the same village. Prior to moving I contacted BT informing them of the change of address and that we wished to take our old landline number with us. I also notified them that once we were in our new property that I would be moving over to SKY.

since our move SKY have been unable to install our broadband with them due to an outstanding open order at BT's end, I have spent hours on the phone to both companies in an effort to resolve this issue without joy.

BT are adamant that there are no outstanding open orders, but SKY say otherwise. I have received e-mails and text messages from BT regarding updates, the last conversation I had with BT they had no knowledge of the text messages.

All I want is the matter resolving so I can move on, so I would be obliged if you could help please.

THanks in anticipation.

John.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3

Re: Open orders

Hi @John4202, I'm sorry that you are experiencing a problem moving your services over to Sky. 

An open order on your account would be very visible so if you have called I'm sure that it would have been spotted. Have you logged into your BTID and checked to see if there are any orders showing as open on your account?

Also are you aware that you will be in contract after Moving Home With BT  check out the charges or contracts section.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Open orders

@John4202wrote:
Prior to moving I contacted BT informing them of the change of address and that we wished to take our old landline number with us. I also notified them that once we were in our new property that I would be moving over to SKY.

If BT have moved your landline and/or broadband then your line contract would of been renewed, every home move order comes with a new 12 month line contract, broadband contracts and discounts can be taken with you, check your order confirmation and see if there was a home move order or if BT simply updated your billing address.

Even if you have an order order, any other provider that uses the Openreach network, which Sky do can do an advice of transfer and port your number, the only time you can't is when there is a cease order as the line has a pending stop.

I think Sky are giving you the wrong information and trying to pass the buck, out of curiosity why are you switching ? if your number is that important why not negotiate a new deal with BT ?

0 Ratings