cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 29

Re: Openreach cable repair visit

Go to solution

I will do @cookwa.

At this stage it looks like Openreach should carry out the work on Wednesday before I get an update from the FOM. I'll be here on Wednesday (Wed-Fri) and I will contact you then.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
cookwa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 29

Go to solution

Morning @DanielS,

Still ok for this work today? Openreach haven't done anything as of yet, but I know you said you'd get back to me today. Just checking the work is still planned to be done today.

Thanks! 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @cookwa,

I'm just after finishing speaking with Openreach for the past 30 minutes. The first thing they said to me is that dig work is required by the 17th of December and to check back on the 19th for an update. I then explained everything from the beginning. They then spoke with the original Manager who raised raised your fault as a priority escalation to the FOM. That Manager confirmed that they haven't been able to get temporary service but they are hopeful that the contractors complete work today. They've told me to check back tomorrow for an update from the contractors. I really hope work is completed today as they've been promising it to me every day I've contacted them after the originail Manager escalated it.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
cookwa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 29

Go to solution

@DanielS,

Thanks for the update. I know how frustrating it is repeating yourself from the beginning to people!

Workers have just left, they have finished their job of digging and the duct work I believe. Now it is back with Openreach to connect the cable. Hopefully this shouldn't take too long as I can't see that it's a big task. 

Looks like we're finally getting somewhere, although I do now have bollards and the path outside my house barriered off!

Message 25 of 29

Go to solution

Good Morning @cookwa.

I've been speaking with Openreach who told me that all work has been carried out. I also tested your land line and it appears to be ok now.

I noticed you were speaking with someone about slow speeds. What download speeds are you getting at the moment? Are they around 50-55 Mbps? It appears that the line fault has caused your speeds to be banded or capped. I've sent a request to our suppliers, BT Wholesale, to remove this band so that you can get the maximum speeds available to you. It can take a few days before you notice the speeds increase to normal levels.

Is there anything else that I'm missing that you need help with in the meantime?

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
cookwa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 29

Go to solution

Morning @DanielS,

Yes the line is working again now, and the groundwork is being finished outside today.

Yes, I spoke to someone yesterday as I'm paying for Infinity 2 but not getting those speeds so was going to drop to 1, but wasn't possible to change etc. However if it was just a cap that can be removed then that's ideal! I think someone might be visiting Saturday morning to check it, so I don't know whether you can cancel this visit if the removal of a cap will sort it?

Aside from that I think everything is sorted, and I'd like to thank you for your help, communication and persistence with it all. Very much appreciated.

Message 27 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @cookwa,

I can see the increase in the speeds since :smileyhappy:

It has went from syncing at 54998 Kbps down with 14997 Kbps up to 62037 Kbps down and 18978 Kbps up. There don't appear to be any errors. Have you noticed the improvement?

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
cookwa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @DanielS,

I've done a few checks and it's consistently around 55Mb/s, so there is a slight improvement yes. Overall as expected!

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 29 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @cookwa,

Good, I'm happy that everything is as it should be now.

I'm going to send you a private message shortly.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings