Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cookwa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 28

Openreach cable repair visit

Go to solution

Hi all,

The cable coming into my house was found to be damaged around 2 weeks ago (17th Nov). This was reported to BT, Openreach engineer came to assess the cable the next day and said it needed replacing. He cut into it to repair it, found that it was damaged further up and that the path outside would need to be dug in order to repair the cable further up the line. Someone came back the next day (20th Nov) to scan the cable, sprayed where the damage was on the path, and said someone would come back to dig and repair the cable. Since then, I haven't had any updates from BT unless I have rung them (every day this week). Every day, they are telling me something different and it's as if my previous day's conversation was wasted. After speaking to BT on the phone again today, they told me that they can't do anything or tell me when Openreach will visit because 'they're aware of it'. So after nearly two weeks of no phone and broadband, and a cut cable laying outside my house since the last visit, an appointment still can't be confirmed and I'm just being told that Openreach know about it. 

Is there nothing else I can say to BT to emphasise the situation? Is it just a case of waiting around for Openreach to sort it when they get round to it? I'm not sure what else to say to them, and feeling very frustrated as I never seem to get anywhere. 

Thanks.

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 28

Re: Openreach cable repair visit

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

Can you please confirm that you get your phone service from BT Retail?

By the way, there is no such company as BT Openreach, its simply Openreach. The media nearly always get it wrong Smiley Frustrated

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

cookwa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 28

Go to solution
Hi, thanks

Yes phone and broadband from BT.
Yes, I’ve only spoken to BT as they’re my provider, then they speak to Openreach.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 28

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

Message 5 of 28

Go to solution

Hi @cookwa,

Thanks for your posts and welcome to the Community forum.

Sorry that your services have developed a fault.  I understand from your comments that there has been a few engineers out but things haven't really moved forward.

Send us over your details and we'll check what's causing the hold up with the repair.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 28

Go to solution

Hi @cookwa,
Thanks for taking the time to complete the form for me.
I've spoken with Openreach today. They've told me that a 3rd party company (contractor) were completing work yesterday to repair the cable. They needed an A55 form completed which is often requested when traffic lights need to go up. However; they're telling me that the contractor are due to send the report to them at some point today. They want us to check back with them on Monday for an update. I'm asking a colleague to check for an update tomorrow. If he hears anything then he'll post up here and let you know. In any case, I will be picking it up again on Monday and I will be in touch with you.
Thanks
DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
cookwa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 28

Go to solution
Thank you for following it up and the update.
Message 8 of 28

Go to solution

Hi @cookwa Daniel asked me to chase this today for him. I've spoken with Openreach and some ducting working is being carried out and they will update further on progress on Monday.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”
0 Ratings
cookwa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 28

Go to solution

Morning @JohnC2 / @DanielS

Thanks for the update. Hopefully they carry out some work today. Openreach mention that they need to carry out ducting work, or have been, but as I've said they haven't yet been to mine to do it and that's where the cable requires replacing. 

I'll wait to hear today, thanks again. 

Message 10 of 28

Go to solution

Hi @cookwa,
I've been speaking with Openreach today for well over an hour trying to get some movement. Initially they told me the duct work was still being carried out and the contractors would update us next on the 18/12/2018. I spoke with a Manager within Openreach who told me that he was raising a Priority Escalation on your fault. Basically, he was trying to expedite it. He did say that he asked for temporary service also. He then emailed the Field Operation Manager and said they should get back to him tomorrow. He has asked that I check back for an update on Wednesday. I'll be in the office on Wednesday and I will check their latest update.
Thanks
DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”