cookwa
Beginner
Message 11 of 20

Re: Openreach cable repair visit

Thank you.
Message 12 of 20

You are very welcome @cookwa.

I've been on to them this morning in the hope that they received a reply from the Field Operation Manager. They've told me that they haven't yet but they are chasing up with them again this morning for me. I'm going to check in with them again before 4pm in the hope that they have had an update by then. I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
cookwa
Beginner
Message 13 of 20

Thanks again @DanielS, much appreciated. It's good to have someone actively chasing up and keeping me updated.

pompey1898
Expert
Message 14 of 20

That's what the mods are very good at, once they get on your case they stay with it until it is resolved

Message 15 of 20

You are more than welcome @cookwa,

I've just finished speaking with Openreach. The local Operations Manager (OM) hasn't replied back to their emails as of yet. They're still chasing them. However; the OM has been chasing the contractors as the contractors latest notes state that they're being asked to get it fixed urgently by the OM. Their next update is for the 12/12 now but I'm still going to be chasing Openreach on Friday for the reply from the OM.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
cookwa
Beginner
Message 16 of 20

Hi @DanielS, hope you're well. 

Have you managed to speak to the manager within Openreach and get an update as to when they may be coming to do the work? Did they hear back from the FOM?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Hi @cookwa,

I'm waiting on word back from them. I'm on the late shift today Smiley Happy

If I don't hear from them within the next hour I'll be back on to them chasing this. I'm here until 9pm and I'm here over the weekend too.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Hi @cookwa,

I contacted Openreach and they told me that the contractor was due to install 5 meters of duct. It was originally meant to be done on the 17/12 but after our escalation it was pushed to the 12/12. I then asked what did the FOM's email say since I saw notes mentioning that the FOM was involved in that decision. The adviser told me that they weren't part of the email chain and that I should contact them back tomorrow when the person who sent it should be in. I am hopeful that they will carry out the work on Wednesday but I will contact Openreach tomorrow to make sure that the FOM is involved.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

Hi @cookwa,

I spoke with Openreach earlier today. They confirmed that work is still due to go ahead on the 12/12. They haven't heard back from the Manager who sent the email to the FOM. That Manager is meant to be back in on Monday. I will contact them again on Monday. I'll be in the office late on Monday.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
cookwa
Beginner
Message 20 of 20

Thank you @DanielS! Let me know when you do.