Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Sdsf56
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Openreach quality repair

image.jpgMorning , 

ive just signed up with BT after many years away , had a very quick reminder about why we left 😩.call centres absolute b----y nightmare . Trying to explain the most basic problem took nearly 2 hrs of calls , not impressed . Finally managed to arrange for repair and have been left with bare wires at side of the house & a new socket positioned beside my meter cupboard making impossible to open the door to access the meter !!!!! What a mistake should have stuck with Sky !!!!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Openreach quality repair

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers.

Sky use Openreach.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Sdsf56
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Hi Keith thanks for you're reply , 

lol the Openreach repair was the icing on the cake .

i  am aware of the business relationship between BT & Openreach .

honestly if you knew the hassle we experienced trying to arrange the repair / explain the situation  you wouldn't believe me 😳then to be left with this mess by Openreach 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Hi @Sdsf56

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that those wires were left like that.  We will need to pick this up and report the issue to Openreach on your behalf.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Sdsf56
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Hi & Thanks Robbie 

i have followed link and reported as a phone fault 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Did the form that you filled in, ask for your forum user name? If so, you have the correct form and will receive an e-mail acknowledgement from the forum moderation team.

0 Ratings
Sdsf56
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Keith , email received , thanks for you help πŸ‘
0 Ratings
Sdsf56
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

13 July still no repair/contact from Openreach ,5 weeks on 😁
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi @Sdsf56 Sorry about that. I will email your case handler to update you as soon as they are back in the office.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Sdsf56
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Morning

I do not appear to have received any notifications of missed calls or voicemails , text messages etc from Openreach.

Openreach do have all the contact details for myself, wife on mobile & landline .

Now the onus put onto the customer , "unable to contact you "perhaps if Openreach had completed the task to a competent standard & performed a post repair inspection , QA, Qc or possibly a follow up call from Bt to check on customer satisfaction this email saga would not be required.

As per first post what a mistake leaving sky , between call centres abroad , bt service providers lack lustre attitude and poor service .
0 Ratings