cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Susan7
Message 1 of 5

Overcharging - Beware!!

Go to solution

I've been a customer of BT for a long time, and this is the first time I've had reason to complain. On my latest bill, I was charged for an 11 hour phone call. I was only on the phone for 1 hour of that time. I contacted BT customer service (a misnomer if ever I heard one, but I'll complain about that on another board) and was told I must not have 'placed the receiver'. I've been making the same call each week for years and rarely use my landline in between these times. It seems that on this occasion I was very lucky as I did happen to use the phone the next morning. Otherwise apparently I could've been charged for a week-long call. I find it disturbing that they can charge for a phone call if the person you have phoned is no longer connected, and I am sure I'm not the only person this has happened to. I'm wondering how many people aren't checking their paperless bills? I wouldn't have, if it hadn't been £62 more than usual. Anyway, I've been told by BT that this is a completely valid charge. So to everyone who doesn't use their landline very often - please make sure you hang up properly! Obviously I'm not planning to be a BT customer for much longer but to those of you who are stuck in contracts please beware.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Overcharging - Beware!!

Go to solution

Hi @Susan7 Thanks for your post about the the call charge. 

We will be happy to look into this for you if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Susan7
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi John,

Thank you again for your offer to help me. I got an email saying it would take 48 hours to get a response (perhaps longer if the service is busy) but one week later I'm still waiting.

Is anyone dealing with this or do I need to try another avenue?

Best wishes,

Susan

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Susan7

Thanks for posting back!

I have checked our email queue and we have received your details.  We're extremely busy at the moment and that's the reason why it's taking longer than normal for a response.

The good news is that you're quite close to the top so it won't be long now until one of the mods give you a shout.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Susan7
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I have just received an email. Thank you for your help.

0 Ratings