cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaryP
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Overhead cable broken and Openreach won't fix it

I have had no phone or broadband since 2/12/18 because an overhead cable which supplies this service is hanging by a thread and water gets in.  I reported this on 2nd Dec.  On 4th, an Openreach engineer arrived, looked at the cable and told me it had to be replaced, but he couldn't do it as it needed to be escallated to another team with more equipment.  I chased up with BT a few days later and they said another team was due to fix it but they couldn't say when.  Nothing happened until 11th when BT simply closed the fault.  NOTHING HAD BEEN DONE AND WE WERE STILL WITHOUT SERVICE.  I contacted them on 12th and they opened a new fault.  Again nothing was done and they closed the fault on 13th.  I raised a complaint and got a text saying that a manager would call my mobile today between 1100 and 1300.  No one called.  I have raised another fault today.  

I have offered to send a photo of the broken cable.  I have the name and number of the Openreach engineer who came to look and tried to get this fixed.  It is so frustrating as we have now been without phone or broadband for so long.  How can Openreach just ignore faults on their network?  I can't even escalate my complaint because I got an email to say they are looking into it and apparently you can't do anything for 8 weeks.  

If someone can help I would be so grateful.  

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Overhead cable broken and Openreach won't fix it

I have asked if one of the mods could respond.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @MaryP Sorry that you have been left so long without service and have not been updated on what is happening.

We will be happy to chase this up for you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
MaryP
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Many thanks for getting in touch JohnC2.  I have clicked on the link and completed the form, so hopefully you have all the necessary details.  

0 Ratings