Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
chuttonx
Contributor
Message 1 of 31

Pathetic, Unbelievable, Discourteous, Lying, Disgraceful

Go to solution

The subject title was my last post in 2016 when i decided enough was enough and left BT. Because i was moving house i decided to give Virgin a go, not overly impressed, so, rightly or wrongly ( only time will tell ) I decided to give BT a chance. 

Every single hiccup however will be recorded this time around as my instinct says BT will no doubt have not improved customer relations in the last year. I expect to be proven wrong!

Ok so Yesterday after a leave of abscence of around a year, my BT Package was activated...guess what, ZERO Phone Line, ie no bphone, no broadband, nada. I have tested the test socket master socket as so many of your forum posts and experts have suggested. ZERO Phone line again, so i guess it's over to you to fix this one BT as it isn't internal.

Let's see how this works out, i will be keeping you all updated. Unless of course BT fail to deliver and are in breach of contract.

Oh and another thing my billing period is called out as 2nd October 2017 to the 1st October 2017, are BT messing with time travel now ? Have i been away THAT long?

C

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
pds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 31

Re: Pathetic, Unbelievable, Discourteous, Lying, Disgraceful

Go to solution

Appaling customer service relations.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 31

Go to solution

@chuttonx I'm really sorry about the delay, please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
chuttonx
Contributor
Message 4 of 31

Go to solution

Well i've given BT the benefit of the doubt so far, just keeping record of this for Public Record. Since my initial complaint on Friday and subsequent discussions with BT on the Friday evening. I was told that a representative of BT would be in contat within a 48 hour period.

That 48 Period has now lapsed and no contact.

This is a second failing of BT.

We shall wait till we see how long it will take for them to contact.

Will keep you up to date publicly on how things are going with BT as a NEW and VALUED customer.

I will let you all know now that so far BY have been in breach of contract by failing to supply services contracted to do so. I will be seeking ProRata compensation for any time lost, ( so far 48 hours ) And also, as explained to your reps, if i need to take any time off work, i am self employed, BT will be getting charged £60/hour minimum charge 1 hour. It's only right that BT can charge if the Customer is at fault, therefore it is only right the Customer can charge BT if they are at fault.

STILL NO DIAL TONE FROM THE TEST SOCKET AS REQUESTED TO TRY BY BT.

C.... 

@NeilO

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 31

Go to solution
have you taken up NeilO's offer of help by completing their contact form if you have then the forum mod team will take personal ownership of your problem until fully resolved your mail goes into their mail stack and is answered strictly in turn their current waiting time for them to contact you personally is 3/5 working days sometimes sooner
0 Ratings
chuttonx
Contributor
Message 6 of 31

Go to solution

@john46

Yes of course i have, as i said in my thread i will be recording everything that BT do, do not do, I have been bitten by BT's so called Customer help before, therefore i plan to record everything publicly as well to keep us all right. Which is why I also copied @NeilO into the thread above.

3 to 5 days when i have already lost 2 days without any Phone / Broadband as a brand new customer. So i expect to lose a business week waiting on BT ? Keep in mind  i am self employed and occasionally work from home.

To reiterate, i ordered BT services around a month ago now, having known BT's reputation I gave them around 3 weeks notice to get my Phone Braodband and TV Activated, that Activation date passed on Friday 20th October and nothing is working. Your call, and to state yet again, BT are in breach of contract for NOT supplying me with services on the agreed date.

To reiterate again, i have connected a CORDED ( which i specifically purchased to appease BT's request to try a corded phone ! ) phone to the TEST SOCKET on the BT MASTER SOCKET and there is no Dial Tone, still.

C

0 Ratings
chuttonx
Contributor
Message 7 of 31

Go to solution

Update : 

Been contacted by the the fantastic @NeilO today say 4.50pm to organise an Engineer to come out on Wednesday Morning. 

Note, i actually checked my working diary and chose a time which i could be home rather than counter charge BT for time lost. 

So thats fair.

What is also fair is BT, from BT's point of view is they will drop any callout charges from an Engineer as this falls under an ELF ( Early Life Failure , i think within 28 days of an initial setup ) 

To be honest, this was neevr a consideration anyway in my opinion as the Fault is on their side of the Master Socket in my opinion, and anyway, any fault in my property is an inherited fault. 

Possibly the worst part of it is Open Reach can only give a 5 hour window, fair enough.

On the assumption they get everything up and working, worst case scenario is, by the time they repair and get my service activated properly, this will be 5 days impact on my Service. @NeilO once again fantastic input, suggested that the bill of course will be adjusted to suit any downtime incurred.

I'll let you know what the outcome of that one is. If and when it's sorted.

When you get to deal with the likes of @NeilO it honestly is a breath of fresh air rather than dealing with 'remote' call centres who , in my opinion, automatically go on the defence. Last Friday's discussion with the 'remote' call centre was a typical , horrible , waste of everyones time type of conversation. Which no doubt cost me money. 

C

0 Ratings
chuttonx
Contributor
Message 8 of 31

Go to solution

Just another update, after yesterdays good discussion with @NeilOreceived a confirmation TEXT from BT stating there may be a £129.99 charge if they find it is an internal problem.

This is another example of BT LEft Hand / Right Hand split. Have ONE Case File please with notes to prevent this automated nonsense being sent out. 

This is one TEXT I AM IGNORING BT, there will be NO CHARGE, do not even try to. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 31

Go to solution

@chuttonx I'm really sorry about that, please do ignore that text as I have already marked on the fault report that this is not applicable in this instance. As agreed I will follow up with you after the visit tomorrow afternoon.

0 Ratings
chuttonx
Contributor
Message 10 of 31

Go to solution

@NeilO

First of all, thank you for sorting out the connection problem after my activation 5 days ago. Absolute credit where credit is due and I have absolutely no doubt in my mind, this was a direct result of using these forums rather than some 'remote' call centre, i mean that without hesitation. 

Sadly however, I cannot mark this as 'CASE CLOSED' 

As you are probably aware by now @NeilO, the reason my Connection was not working is because the Cabinet had been wired incorrectly by a BT/OpenReach representative. Instead of something like cablenumber 544, cable number 534 was used instead. The net result of this is some other person had been receiving my Ring Tone apparently. 

So indeed, negligenence on BT/OpenReach was 100% confirmed. Accidents happen. 

Please take note ,  Broadband / Phone was finally activated correctly, today Wednesday 25th October 2017.

So imagine my concern when i see two phonecalls appearing on my BILL , one Billable one Non Billable. **edited by Mod**

Now, pay attention to the dates, 21st October and 24th October calls were made from 'My' phone to the tune of £7.62 and yet my phone was only acticvated TODAY the 25th October 2017.

I REALLY think BT should be calling yet again, not only with apologies, but with some hard cash refund or compensation for some quite considerable stress being caused. 

Please explain this one BT......

C

PS no mention of the £125 BT Shop Voucher AND £40 M& S Voucher I signed up to has been mentioned in any correspondence to date. I have a feeling this should be increased or at least expedited, yes? 

A NOTE FOR @NeilO LINE MANAGER, PLEASE NOTE @NeilO HAS DONE AN ABSOLUTE STERLING JOB AS A TROUBLESHOOTER AND BEEN MY CASE MANAGER ON THIS TO DATE, THE ISSUES I AM HAVING ARE NOT TO DO WITH ANYTHING THAT @NeilO HAS DONE/NOT DONE. BT NEEDS MORE NEILS!

0 Ratings