cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patbmt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Phissing Calls

Receiving automated calls from "BT" saying line is hacked as will be terminated today,  press button 1 to discuss. BT need to advise customers as this is quite realistic and threatening.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
patbmt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: Phissing Calls

Thanks but I don't normally look at these sites for info. BT regularly send me offers by e-mail so why can't they send their customers warning of these type of scams rather than relying on forums etc.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Re: Phissing Calls

These types of scams have been going on for many years. If BT were to email all their customers regarding the scams every time there is a scam call, which although basically are all the same in as much as the scammer want to access your computer but with slight variations in the script they use,  I have no doubt that they would be complained about for spamming their customers with the emails.

As you may be aware, these scammers are not only using BT as their " We are from" intro. Other ISPs and companies such as Microsoft also get quoted and as far as I am aware I have never had an email from any of them regarding the scams so I do not see BT as being any different from them and in many cases BT are far better because they at least report the scams on their web portal home page as well as on their help pages etc.

0 Ratings