cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnS
Contributor
Message 21 of 28

Re: Phone Fault - No service for the last 5 days

Its quiet around the forum, so I thought I would make some noise.

Another thread where the fault has been reported and not fixed for more than a month.

http://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/Can-anyone-beat-4-weeks-without-a-working-phone-or-Internet/td-p/5...

Is this normal for BT to leave their customer without a service for over a month ?

We have BT Total Broadband, but the speed is 7kb a second where before the fault, it was 200 per second.   Just about browse a site, but downloading anything is impossible.

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 22 of 28

Hi,

Sorry to hear your still waiting for it to be fixed. Hopefully will be fixed soon.

Did the BT Care Team (Mods) Contact you?

To the broadband, it is likely that the fault on the phone line is also causing your problems with your broadband. Once the phone line is fixed the broadband should recover.

If not then come back here and we'll try and help you 🙂

cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
fredchan
Beginner
Message 23 of 28

I don't agree with your general statement about "compensation culture". People would loose money and time by a broken service. When there is zero compensation for any thing wrong, mistake, lack of service then a supplier would take a less care and most cost efficient method to solve a problem. For example: if a spare part could be delivered immediately for £100 bike courier service rather than next day then with compensation threat a supplier would pay out £100 to restore the service. On the other hand as no one is getting compensation then the cost is zero risk so why pay out £100 bike courier fees as this is a direct cost to the business and there may not be a budget for courier transport. So a "no compensation culture" which is what you may imply as better than "compensation culture" usually leads to poorer service.

0 Ratings
fungalpis
Contributor
Message 24 of 28

Oh my God! I just discovered this thread and am shocked beyond belief. Did the OP really have to wait MONTHS before the fault was rectified, or was it actually ever fixed?

If maintenance of a humble working phone line is so fraught with issues, then does this now herald the time to go for cable?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 25 of 28

@fungalpis wrote:
Oh my God! I just discovered this thread and am shocked beyond belief. Did the OP really have to wait MONTHS before the fault was rectified, or was it actually ever fixed?

If maintenance of a humble working phone line is so fraught with issues, then does this now herald the time to go for cable?

There could be many reasons why a phone line could take months to fix, road closures, major cable renewal, traffic lights requiring council permission, access to private land, wayleaves etc etc etc.

And do you think that the cable company's do not have the same issues? Maybe a check of their forum will prob find the dissatisfied customers.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
fungalpis
Contributor
Message 26 of 28

Devon Dave wrote

There could be many reasons why a phone line could take months to fix, road closures, major cable renewal, traffic lights requiring council permission, access to private land, wayleaves etc etc etc.

And do you think that the cable company's do not have the same issues? Maybe a check of their forum will prob find the dissatisfied customers.

Therefore would it not be reasonable for the customer to expect to be informed of the reason(s), rather than be repeatedly misled into believing they were actually recieving some sort of service?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 28

As network maintenance is the responsibility of Openreach and not BT Retail BT Retail can only provide the information they are given by Openreach
0 Ratings
Highlighted
carving1234
Message 28 of 28

This is the joy of privatisation I spent a large part of my working life with Post Office Telecom and then BT and this would never have happened,

Big Business have no problems getting there service back in order, all my old engineering fields that still work for them have lost there zeal after running around for other companies before BT subscribers and the network as everyone and its dog dipping in all in all its gone from first class to poor and as I understand its getting worse. Some day they will get round to repair my phone line I hope.

0 Ratings