cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Phone Renumber Request Farce

Recently on behalf of my elderly mum I requested BT to cancel the broadband service on her phone as it was not being used. I received a confirmation that the whole account including landline would be terminated.

Despite calling 3 (long and painful) times and making it clear she still wanted to keep the landline, and receiving reasuurances that it would not be cancelled, it was cancelled. I asked for the line to be reinstated and it now has, but with a different number. Following another long and painful call to help desk a request was made to restore the original number. I received a confirmation email confirming the old and new numbers all looked well.

Today the new number has been instated, but it is a different number to the one requested. 2 more painful calls to BT. The first one ended up in an Indian Openreach helpdesk where the person refused to speak to me, said I should not have been put through, and told me I'd have to go back to the start again!. The second one, ended up in India again, and all they could do was raise a complaint on my behalf.

I am really at the end of my tether on this one, and would appreciate if someone with some knowledge of the process could help me out here. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Phone Renumber Request Farce

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 3

Re: Phone Renumber Request Farce

Hi Andyclockwise, 

Thanks for posting. I am sorry for the delay in getting things sorted for your mother. 

Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will be in touch to help.

Thanks,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings