cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Phone drops out after awhile when in use.

Getting frustrated now, when using the phone after 15-20mins phone drops out, did line test, everything okay? but advised that equipment may be at fault, bought new phones (BT), still happening and got online check from advisor (very hard to understand accent), who advised could be master socket (twin filtered) or arrange engineer at £129.99 for visit, so changed master socket (Openreach), still happening. Line check again everything okay, have Infinity Broadband never drops out and great speed, BT just not interested unless I pay up £129.99 for engineer visit, have been with BT for years...........so called customer service having paid them a fortune over the years. Any ideas apart from changing provider.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Phone drops out after awhile when in use.

If you get the same issue when you use a known working corded phone when plugged into the test point of your main socket then this would indicate that the fault lies with BT. They always notify you of a charge and would only implement this if you have damaged the incoming wiring.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: Phone drops out after awhile when in use.

Cheers.........will try a corded phone
0 Ratings