Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PMD11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Phone line / broadband issues

Go to solution

Hi All,

I am again having a lot of issues with BT. 

My broadband stopped working on over a fortnight ago. Given the weather issues at the time I assumed it was a temporary issue so I gave it a day for the issue to resolve itself. It did not so I contacted BT that evening (17/11/2015). I spoke with a broadband support agent. They ran some tests and advised that it was a problem with the phone line. I asked for this to be resolved and they advised that an engineer would not be available until the following Wednesday. I asked if the issue was something that would require me to be in the property and the agent responded that it would not. I was not happy with the time it was going to take to resolve the issue but I had not choice but to accept this poor service offering.

On Monday 23rd November at 9am I was called by a BT engineer asking if I was going to be in the property. When i advised that I was:

1) At work

2) BT had advised that I would not need to be in the property

3) That this was an issue with the exchange due to it being a phone line fault

4) He was not due to arrive until Wednesday as previsouly agreed with BT

He opted to tell me that this was the only day he was going to come and that he would need someone to let him into the property. I was appalled with this customer service but unfortunately not at all surprised as this is what I have come to expect from BT over the course of my dealings with them. A flatmate had to leave work to let him into the flat, incurring a loss of earnings, only to be told that there was nothing he could do.

I was left in limbo as BT did not contact me to confirm another appointment or to follow up on the 'appointment' I had just received. I contacted BT on Tuesday 24th November and I was again informed by BT that it was an issue with the phone line and that an engineer would be dispatched on Thursday 26th November between 1-6 and that I would need to be in the flat. Again this was a major inconvenience but I agreed.

I was forced to stay at home on Thursday to await the arrival of the engineer. Needless to say, the engineer did not arrive nor did he contact me to say that this would be the case. I immediately contacted BT again to find out why I was being treated so badly and why I am essentially being robbed by BT as a company, they charge for a service they do no provide. The customer service agent was not in a position to advise so agreed to call me the next day at 1pm.

Again as you can imagine BT did not contact me at the agreed time rather they called me at 3pm. The agent did not offer any explanation for the no show the previous day. The agent again told me that it was an issue with the phone line. The agent advised that the issue would be resolved on Saturday 28th November. I am sure I don't need to say it but I still do not have broadband in my flat.

I find BT's customer service and ability to resolve the issues appalling. I have been treated terribly throughout this process and I would love nothing more than to leave my contract. This is the second major issue I have had with BT in the last seven weeks. Getting broadband ordered and installed was an equally tough task. To further compound the misery, the majority of the block are using BT and have no issues so I am unsure as to why I seem to be being singled out for this poor service provision.

Has anyone else had issues like this? Can anyone advise as to how to leave a contract with BT? I am at my wits end with the company and their awful service provision.

Thanks,

P

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Phone line / broadband issues

Go to solution

Hi PMD11,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forum!

I'm sorry that your services have developed a fault and for the length of time this is going on.  I understand from your comments that you've had engineer appointments and call backs that haven't materialised.  I appreciate how frustrated this must be for you.

No need to worry, we'll pick this up and get you sorted from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to send over your details.

Cheers

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
PMD11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Robbie,

i have contacted completed the form. Please confirm receipt and outline the timescales for resolving this issue.

Thanks,

Pierce 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
you would have received a tracking reference once you sent the contact form the mods normally reply personally to you within 3/5 working days
0 Ratings
PMD11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

3/5 working days is not great seeing as I have been without broadband for 2 weeks. Is there anyway of speeding this process up?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

you are in a queue of other customers waiting for mod help all of whom consider their problem a priority so mods reply to the emails in order of receipt to ensure everyone is treated equally

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi PMD11,

I'm really glad i was able to get this all sorted for you. I'm sorry it took a while but we got there in the end.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings