Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Macstabz
Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: Phone line fault 2 day fix turns into 2 months and now... they dont know

Good morning Gents,

Well its that time again to revive an apprent dying thread.

Robbie, could you give me a call please buddie ? I dont think openreach will have this fault fixed today because the road works needed has not happened yet. So as you can understand unless the conduit has installed itself int he dead of night, we are still int he same place we were a month ago.

Additionally, im being charged for redirected calls, last month it was taken out of my account, this current months bill is starting to climb, and if im honest im close to cancelling my direct debit as im not getting what im paying for. So why on earth should I let payments go out.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Hi Macstabz,

Thanks for posting. Robbie is out of the office today but will be in touch first thing tomorrow.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Macstabz
Contributor
Message 13 of 19

Hi David,

Ahh ok.

Could you please take alook though at the call charges for the redirects. I am being completely serious when I say I will guaranteed not allow a Direct Debit to pass with those charges on the account.

This entire fault has been a complete farce, and although I understand Robbie is doing his upmost to move things along and keep up to date, now being at the 3 month mark with nothing more than a "bodge job" line thats been deemed by the engineer (that bodged it together) as being in no way to be considered close to fixed and has no idea how long it would last, is getting out of hand now.

I already know that when it comes to refunds BT dont know how to put money back into a persons account and so only ever offer credit, so im unsure on why I should allow any further payments to leave my account.

0 Ratings
Macstabz
Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Good morning all,

Can Robbie or someone else capable please call me this morning. Ive just had a bill arrive in my inbox charging me for eacha nd every redirected call too, and as promised I will be cancelling my Direct debit as this is completely out of order and unacceptable!

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 15 of 19

Hi Macstabz, 

Robbie is due to call you today so he can take a look at your bill and correct any mistakes on it. 

Thnx,
OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Macstabz
Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Hi Robbie,

Hoping you can give me a call today to catch up please.

We are slowly approaching the 4 month mark now without the fault having been fixed.

I did however manage to speak to a couple of openreach engineers before the holidays who informed me that the hold up is basically down to petty arguments.

Openreach want the contractor to finish the job (Install the last 1 foot of conduit), the contractor said they will not do it until they have been paid for the job (which they havent done else that 1 foot wouldnt be missing), and Open reach say they wont pay until its done.

Mean while im sat here piggy in the middle, the person (and I think neighbours are beginning to be affected too) who is actually paying the cost of this childish petty arguing because neither party seem to care about customers no more, its all about who can sue who first right.

So could you please chase them up, find out whent he hell they are gonna finisht he job. At the very least have them deliver the conduit to me and ill replace it, that way they can pay me!

Could you then please give me a call and keep daily contact with both me and Openreach until this is resolved. As ive stated before, I know openreach are ausing the issue, but my contract is with you guys, as such its you guys ill be pressuring and blaming until its sorted.

Cheers.

0 Ratings
Macstabz
Contributor
Message 17 of 19

Hi Robbie,

I need you to call me again please or take a look at the billing as it is wrong again.

It is once again charging me for every re-direct totalling £14.24 . Its showing that my account will be debited on the 16th of Jan, so hopefully we can have this amended before this comes to pass. Thank you.

0 Ratings
Macstabz
Contributor
Message 18 of 19

Hi Robbie,

Sorry to do this to you, but it would seem someone has messed up the order we agreed.

Additionally there are some charges on the account from before the fix which I think we need to remove.

Thanks,

Tom.

0 Ratings
Macstabz
Contributor
Message 19 of 19

Hi Robbie,

I dont know how to ever respond to your emails buddy lol.

I replied back, but not sure if it got to you or if it goes into a black hole some place. If you didnt get it, want to try calling again ?

Cheers.

0 Ratings