cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 23

Re: Phone line fault and no broadband service?

I have had faults fixed the next day.  I have also waited 10 days, with two missed appointments by Openreach engineers.

It really is pot luck.

0 Ratings
samjef11
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 23

No the automated system on the phone fault said that the engineer wont need to visit my property and also the line is still working partly as if I phone my home phone I can leave a message on the bt answer 1571. I'm using my mobile ap as a wireless connection to my laptop as I getting 225kbps download and 400kbps upload hope my phone line get fixed as soon as possible

0 Ratings
samjef11
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 23

@Ectophile wrote:

I have had faults fixed the next day.  I have also waited 10 days, with two missed appointments by Openreach engineers.

It really is pot luck.

So how has you service with bt fixing the faults in a reasonable timeframe been?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 23

the normal timescale in which Openreach will investigate a fault is 3 working days
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 23

With that one exception, it's always been within the 3 days.  Most faults are simple - broken wires or corroded joints.

On that one case, it turned out to be the fault of someone at BT who had switched my line over at the exchange when they shouldn't have.  It could have been found quicker had the first two engineers turned up.  Luckily on the third time I got someone who wouldn't give up until he had found the fault.

0 Ratings
samjef11
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 23

Well can anyone tell me where the fault is by looking at this??

Progress

[Alt Txt]        

Thu 15 Aug   15:38

Fault diagnostic run

It looks like the problem is in or near to your home, and we'll need to contact you before sending an engineer.  We will be in touch with you on the details you have provided us with.

We should be in touch within 24 hours.

[Alt Txt]          

[Alt Txt]

Tue 20 Aug   17:00

Estimated repair date

We aim to fix your fault by the time and date shown. We apologise if this is outside of expected 3 days from the fault being reported.

Hopefully The Fault will be repaird on the date and time above.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 23

Provided you have checked at the test socket, the fault is probably going to be in the street cabinet.

0 Ratings
samjef11
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 23

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

Provided you have checked at the test socket, the fault is probably going to be in the street cabinet.

Yes tried the test socket by removing the bt iplate and plugging a the cordless phone base into the test socket and still nothing was working fine at 9.30am on Thursday morning 15/08/13 and I came home at 3.45pm and found the home hub broadband light was off not  a steady orange and the cordlless phones lcd display saying check phone line.

I think out street cabinet was upgraded to enable bt infinity as it looks all new and has grills so I wondering if they forgot to connect our line back in after they upgraded the wiring.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 23

If you are not on Infinity, then you will not have been routed through the new Infinity street cabinet.

There are tie cables between the cabinets, and only Infinity customers are connected via these cables.

0 Ratings
samjef11
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 23

I will be on 31st December 2013 for bt infinity download 66.9mb and upload 20mb I will upgrade to bt infinity in January 2014

0 Ratings