Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ceege
Message 1 of 2

Phone line fault

Hi

I have been having problems with my phone line since last Saturday (5th January 2013). First my broadband connection slowed down and started to frequently drop out, then I noticed severe noise on my telephone line.

A couple of days later, my phone line went dead (ie no dialing tone). Incoming calls ring but when we pick up the receiver the line does not connect at all. Broadband remains slow.

BT line checker suggests the line is fine but the symptoms remain when we check the line by connecting our phone to the master socket. 

Anyone experiencing similar problems? Engineer coming next week but this looks like a network problem. Why is there no report or status of problems by BT?

Ceege

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: Phone line fault

Hi The status report shown on the BT faults page is for common faults ie: affecting many customers, this could be a partial exchange outage or a damaged/cut cable out in the street. They do not list individual faults that yours may well be.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings