cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tiengoku
Message 1 of 6

Phone line hacked!

Hi my home landline has been hacked, along with my landlines account as well. I have rang both BT and the police but they are not doing anything so far to resolve my problem. I currently cannot receive any calls from anyone else to my landline and the hackers have recently purchased 5 Samsung galaxy note 8s from my BT account which I think I have cancelled today. Can anyone please help?!
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Phone line hacked!

@Tiengoku wrote:
Hi my home landline has been hacked, along with my landlines account as well. I have rang both BT and the police but they are not doing anything so far to resolve my problem. I currently cannot receive any calls from anyone else to my landline and the hackers have recently purchased 5 Samsung galaxy note 8s from my BT account which I think I have cancelled today. Can anyone please help?!

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having.

Can you confirm a couple of things.

When you say your phone line has been hacked, what happens when you try to make a call, and what happens when you ring your landline from your mobile?

How have the hackers bought products from your BT account? How does this actually show up? Is it via a bank account or credit card statement?

One more if you don't mind - have you responded to any emails recently asking you to confirm your account details, passwords and any other personal details? These could have been pretending to be BT, any bank or other credit agency - NONE of which actually ask for these details via email.

0 Ratings
Tiengoku
Message 3 of 6

When I try to make a call it goes through but before it reaches the other person, there's a sound that sounds like my call is being diverted to somewhere else.
The hackers have bought things from my account and I know because I have seen it on a bill from BT.
I have not responded to any of these types of emails.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi Tiengoku

Sorry you have had to experience this. I can have this investigated to find out whats happening to your account.

Please send us in your details using the contact the mods link in my profile and we can take it from there.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Perhaps you could try a few things and report back...if you have dialtone is it ordinary dialtone or interrupted dialtone ( a continuous tone or a on off tone , if interrupted it could indicate incoming calls are on divert to another number..you can cancel call divert if it is set up on your line. If you dial 17070 , an AVR should respond along the lines of ' this circuit is defined as 01***,******, is the number read out the correct number ( your number ?) You seem to be implying 2 separate things are in some way connected, if your on line 'BT Account' has been hacked and someone has access to your account and has ordered items that are you being charged for, is separate to any physical hacking of the actual phone line itself....checking the two things requested will indicate if your physical phone line is affected or not. If the 17070 AVR is correct and it's not an interrupted dialtone then if you have trouble with calls, is that every call made to various numbers , or to one number in particular , if all calls are affected , then do you use any third party company's in the carriage of the calls or are BT the carrier of these calls ( as well as the line rental provider ) ?, if you don't use phone cards or other 'cheaper' phone call company's and pay BT for all calls as well as line rental, and all calls are unsuccessful , and you have tried a different ( fault free) phone in the master socket test port, you need to report the fault to BT
0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

@Tiengoku wrote:
When I try to make a call it goes through but before it reaches the other person, there's a sound that sounds like my call is being diverted to somewhere else.
The hackers have bought things from my account and I know because I have seen it on a bill from BT.
I have not responded to any of these types of emails.

Assuming that you have not responded to any phishing emails and that you have been hacked then the question is have you logged in to your BT account online? If you have then I would advise that you do not do any online banking or anything else of that nature until you have run a full virus and malware check on your PC.

0 Ratings