Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rattters
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Phone line not working, broadband is???

Go to solution

Don't understand how this can happen? I get my broadband down my phone line- or so I thought!!!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Phone line not working, broadband is???

Go to solution

@rattters wrote:

Don't understand how this can happen? I get my broadband down my phone line- or so I thought!!!

you do but broadband can work on 1 wire connected albeit slower than normal but your phone needs both wires connected to work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
neilsmith
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
I had the same problem, i think the circuit board that filter the phone line has a problem. Mine blew because of the storm. solution - check amazon for a new box, I just have and it cost £6, saves a £130 BT call out charge. Also you could plug in an old filter (we all had to have once) into the socket and use that a a temporary solution.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
333pete
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
I currently have the same problem. I have tried my neighbours phone and another phone I already had, still no dialling tone. I tried a new ASDL filter, didn't work. I have taken the front off of the BT wall box and plugged my phone directly into that, still have the problem. I am now assuming it is the BT wall box is at fault or the connection on the telegraph pole outside my house. As far as I am aware, if the fault lies in the BT wall box then it is BT's responsibility and I should not be liable for a call-out charge?
0 Ratings