Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mattanorak
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Phone line quality

Go to solution
Hi,

Before I moved to Sky (booooo, hisssss), the quality of my phone line was awful. So much so, that I had to get a VOIP service to be able to make calls, it was that bad. As soon as I moved over to Sky, everything was good. However, as soon as FTTC is available in my street, I'm looking at coming back to BT. But what's to say that the phone quality won't go back to the really poor, quiet state it was in before the changeover? Are there any checks that can be done?

Thanks.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Reed_Richards
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Phone line quality

Go to solution

Presumably the problem was the equipment used at the telephone exchange.  When you moved to Sky you moved to their equipment.  With Infinity you would be on completely new equipment for your broadband.  I don't know enough about telephone exchanges to know what would happen to your voice calls but I would imagine it isn't likely you would end up with the same line card.  I could be wrong.  I doubt that there are any checks that could be done.

rhyds
Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

It sounds like you had either faulty exchange equipment (as mentioned) or a faulty copper line that was swapped with the change over to sky.

I wouldn't think they'd put you back on the same equipment as before, and if they did you would be able to raise a fault on it.

mattanorak
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Thanks, both! That sounds reassuring. We are quite a distance from the exchange, but as you say,with FTTC, the line should be different, plus I think that our exchange moves over to 21CN since then.

Cheers.
0 Ratings