Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
StephG
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Phone not ringing for incoming calls

I've experienced an issue for a few years which hasn't really bothered me until recently. I can call out on the landline, but the phone doesn't ring/light up with incoming calls.

Here's what I know:
- No incoming phone calls. Phone deosnt ring or light up. If I call from my mobile I can hear the line ringing and if I press the answer button on the cordless landline the call will connect.
- Issue still present using different handsets.
- Issue still present when plugging directly into test socket.
- If I Google the phone number a local company appears as the top search. Just waiting on more details to see if the company is active.
- Recently lost broadband due to a disconnect in the drop wire. Openreach attended and fixed the issue, but couldn't resolve incoming call issue. All their tests indicated the line was working perfectly. Engineer suggests BT may have a block on the line which they sometimes apply when fault is reported.
- Phoned BT, couldn't get to the bottom of the issue as they claimed line was working, then claimed it was my equipment and sent out new ADSL filter and cable despite my protests that my equipment is ok, as engineers had just left.

To my surprise the phone just rang, went to look for the phone but no battery (will base still ring if handset is not on?)

At a total loss and BT don't seem to want to help. I will be sending a formal complaint, but just want to make sure I've covered all bases and I'm not missing something obvious.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Phone not ringing for incoming calls

Welcome to this user forum.

Assuming you can still make outgoing calls, it sounds like a fault within the exchange equipment. You appear to be making no progress with this fault.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Phone not ringing for incoming calls

Hi @StephG,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear that incoming calls aren't ringing the handset.

You seem to have carried out most steps that we'd need you to try so I'd like to take a look into it. I'll need your account details to test everything. Click on my user name and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings