Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Phone number change moving to Fibre to Home Property

Go to solution

Hi all,

Have a current BT account and have had the same landline number for around 25 years.

My connection is on a Fibre to Cabinet basis.

Just moving to a new build property where they have Fibre to Premises, my teenage son loves the idea of faster internet, but, BT have informed me that I will need to change my telephone number as this cannot be ported over. Even though the house is on the same exchange as the one I am currently on and I can actually see it from where I live!

Everyone knows this number, would love to keep it, can this be done, or am I stuck?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Phone number change moving to Fibre to Home Property

Go to solution

@Saratogaman 

The Fibre To The Home phone numbers ((FVA)) do not originate from the local exchange, they come from the core network.

Unless you also have a copper pair coming into the house as well, which is unlikely, I don`t think you can keep your phone number.

BT may be able to offer a Changed Number Announcement on your old number, telling people your new number.

This is offered as part of the BT Home Move process.

"

If I need a new number, can you redirect my calls there when I move home?

Yes, you can add Caller Redirect to your order when you arrange your home move. Caller Redirect automatically answers calls to your old telephone number and tells callers the new number. Calls to the old number are free of charge. The message given out by Caller Redirect is:

"The number called has been changed to... (new number)".

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Huge thanks Keith.
Will be using the redirect service!
would the number still have my current STD Code though, or a non regional one?

Thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@Saratogaman wrote:
Huge thanks Keith.
Will be using the redirect service!
would the number still have my current STD Code though, or a non regional one?

Thanks

I do not know the answer to that, but I would expect it to have the same STD code. You should be told what the new number will be.

If you have any issues with the way things are connected up in your new home, then there is plenty of help on this forum.

0 Ratings