cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisKenny
Message 1 of 5

Phoneline Activation Help

Today I had my phoneline activated as I moved house. Since its been activated I went onto the BT website to look at Broadband packages due to Sky who I was with messing me around and cancelling my account due to the fact they wouldn't take me on because I need to take line rental with them.

so I went onto the bt website to look at the broadband packages. I tried the little speed test thing but kept giving me an error code. I phoned to do it over the phone. Told at first I couldn't get Internet and then told I can only receive 0.5mb?!

How can this be when the previous owner of the house whom is a friend of mines had BT broadband and had speeds of up to 10/11mb?!

I'm frustrated as I now need to wait til somebody gets back to me as the BT worker said she had to send it to booster people(can't remember the official name) and they will phone back on Friday.

Anyone able to help or had this happen to them?

Regards
Chris.

P.s. Not directed at BT or anything. Just gutted I need to wait even longer now and might not even get broadband if that's the speeds 😞
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Phoneline Activation Help

Can you post back the results of this checker editing out your phone number

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput
ChrisKenny
Message 3 of 5

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKERTelephone Number on Exchange BRIDGETON is served by Cabinet 9

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC Fixed Rate1----AvailableFixed Rate1----AvailableOther OfferingsCopper Multicast------Available

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 30-Nov-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

Note: Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Thank you for your interest.
0 Ratings
ChrisKenny
Message 4 of 5

I just copied and pasted what it said. I have no idea what it means.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

there are no speeds posted that is what we need from the checker
0 Ratings