cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thelaufamily
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 24

Phoneline for 30+ years been disconnected

We received a letter from BT stating that another provider was taking over our number, i phoned them up immediately and spoke to someone that this will not happen as he will stop the process.  A few days later we received another letter, i didnt think anything of it as i had spoken to someone a few days ago just thought it was an automated letter being sent out.

Then today i receive an email from BT saying GOODBYE.

I was on the phone immediately, i can not phone home as the number is dead.  Though the line has been changed to a different number.  

I spoke to 3 different people today, the first one was useless nad repeated everything she said and just wouldnt listen to what i needed doing and said she would transfer me but guess what i got disconnected plus she didnt put any notes on the system, the other 2 BT reps were much more helpful, just hope that i will get my number and line back to the way it was, been promised a call back in the next 48 hours, fingers crossed.

Can anyone else help me or reassure me that i will get my line back.  30+ years having this phone number, and gone just like that.  Now i have lost confidence in BT, had 2 landlines and broadband.. do i go elsewhere for my services, my quarterly bills are approximately £180.

I look forward to hearing from someone..

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 24

Re: Phoneline for 30+ years been disconnected

Welcome to the forum. I've asked the forum moderators to look into this for you and they should post contact info here quite soon.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 24

Hi thelaufamily,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry you've been disconnected. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
thelaufamily
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 24

Thanks.  I have messaged you NeilO, i do hope you can help.

0 Ratings
thelaufamily
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 24

OMG!!!!

A BT person has calledafter 54 hours of waiting though i did get a text saying someone will call. He said that an engineer will be out to me on the 25 April!

Thats nearly a whole month without my number, the number which all my HK relatives call on for any emergency.  

Not good! not impressed.  

Have been promised a call early next week to see if they can escalate it quicker.  They apparantly can not find the line that goes into the property.. the line has been at this property 12years i just dont understand, and at our previous house years and years before. 30+ years and a line disconnected, why couldnt they give out a number thats not in use.  just how inconvience all this is.

They also keep telling me 'field house', this house is down the round not mine, mine is 'Orchid house'

Im not fuming yet but if i have to wait till the 25th I will be!

thelaufamily
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 24

my old phone number is ringing ... does this mean my line is taken and i wont get my number back? The date has been put forward by 2 days and they think this is ok.. what a JOKE!

I have had relatives from HK trying to contact, luckily it wasnt an emergency.

Please sort this out quicker, waiting a month to get my number back is unacceptable.  Plus ive even paid for the line! 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 24

if you have used the contact form in Neil's link then he or a member of the mod team will get back to you within 3/5 working days
0 Ratings
CliveR
Beginner
Message 8 of 24

Hi,
I also lost my BT phone service after someone had told BT that I wanted to leave them. The most annoying part of this is that I hadn't requested a move from BT and BT did not bother to contact me directly until they had already disconnected me.
This is made even more difficult to understand because I had been with them less than two weeks.
Add to this the fact that I cannot call my home number from my mobile phone for some reason and friends who are with my old service provider cannot call my home number it is all now beyond a joke. This has all happened over the past 4 weeks!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 24

CliveR

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 24

Hi CliveR,

Welcome and thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry that your service has been disconnected.  I can help sort things out from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to get in touch with us.  Whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

Thanks a million,

Robbie

0 Ratings