cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Please Help - Awaiting Line Activation House Move

Hi all, I areally apologise for the long winded post but here goes. I am a single mum of 4 and have been a BT customer for 2 years. I was on the verge of moving house and decided to research a cheaper package for my broadband services as my current package with BT had gone from £30 a month to £45 due to the end of my previous contract deal. I telephoned at the end of July to cancel my broadband service with BT as it wasn't affordable for me and I had found a cheaper package with EE but I was convinced by one of the customer services representative to stay with BT and that they would sort my service house move and that they would honour my previous price which was great. I agreed and thought everything was all sorted for my broadband service being activated on 16th August, bearing in mind at this point that I have been without broadband since the 5th August (my moving date).

Today at around 11am I received a text stating that my engineer would no longer be coming today and broadband service will not be set up until 29th August with no explanation at all as to why (I have since received an explanation which went over my head regarding a port not being available).

I have as previously mentioned 4 young children aged 11, 8, 3 and 11 months. We are a tech savvy family with each child having their needs from our broadband service which has never let us down previous to this (11 year old using her mobile to connect with friends, 8 year using his Xbox to play Fortnite, 3 year uses his iPad at bedtime to unwind and watch cartoons, baby watches TV with me watching cartoons and all our TV services such as Netflix and Now TV are internet based) and at this point we've been without internet already for 11 days. It is school holidays, we've moved house on 5th August and have literally been let down at every single turn from hot water to roof leaks and now this another huge let down so I am tearing my hair out with frustration. We've been given the date 29th August which is another 13 days from today.

I have spoken to some very nice BT representatives today who have tried to help and have been offered a £30 credit to purchase a dongle to help with our needs. I have since purchased the dongle which was £20 and it comes with 2GB of data which in no way will meet our requirements. There is a top up pack for the dongle (EE pay as you go mifi as suggested by your customer service representative Colette) the top up costs £20 and this provides 10GB of data, however again this wouldn't cope with our demand. Having set up the dongle it isn't even capable of allowing me to watch Netflix without it dropping connection.  I'm sure you're aware that watching 1 hour of Netflix can use as much as 1GB of data.

Can anyone help us in any way at all, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Please Help - Awaiting Line Activation House Move

I assume you don't have your phone connected yet. It is possible that your cabinet is full and that is why delay

enter your phone if you have it connected but failing that use address and post result.  http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi thank you for your reply, this was using my address, I wasn't able to keep my number and having a new line fitted apparently

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Please delete your address as this is public forum

checker although not as accurate as phone number shows cabinet is available and not full so that is not cause of delay 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings